Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

UPDATE ON MY FRIEND, TIM HOLSINGER, THAT WAS IN THE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT.

This is from his wife, Trina, from that web site I had put on the forum earlier.  Keep the prayers going.  The Lord is good and he is healing a wonderful man.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2007 07:33 PM, CDT 
The slowed spontaneous movements was nothing to worry about. Today Tim pulled out all the old and some new moves. Yeah!!! He was awake this morning when I arrived and I asked him to look at my eyes, his eyes tracked up and locked with mine. (Tim did continually vomit this morning until his stomach was finally empty.) This afternoon he managed to move his right arm, which he had not moved for 10 days, and I was getting concerned about that. His bowels started working again and 6 hours after the started the tube feeding back up he had no residuals in his stomach...so if that continues the vomiting should stop.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to get a broadband card for my laptop so that I can do updates from the hospital, but I was not able to find a viable option. All providers require a 24 month contract and I don't want to commit to that. If you have suggestions post them on the guest book and I see what I can do.

Thanks for your prayers, today I was able to see some progress and that was so encouraging and uplifting. I just have one request, keep the prayers going.

Joanna

Hello there friends!  I just wanted to brag on what a great weekend I had.  Saturday morning I got a visit from my niece Mary Beeson and 8 month old Owen from Wichita, also Mary's mom Joyce Hunter from Severy.  Afternoon brought my brother Dan Cole and his three daughters Ashlyn, Brooklyn & Carlyn from Baldwin City.  Soon our son Chris & daughter-in-law Dana drove in from Manhattan with our grandpuppies Bear and Stoney.  Later in the afternoon our other son Clay came home from college in Pittsburg; and we had a great full house that night playing in the yard, watching movies & visiting.

Sunday we spent most of the day in Eureka for more family time and, of course, fried chicken dinner.
On Monday, Marty, Clay and I worked on the house most of the day, trying to get it ready to paint.  I 'test' painted a section of the garage and didn't like the color much, so I'll keep looking. The color is called "garden pond", but that's not what it looks like to me!  Ha! I have a little time before we are ready to put color to it anyway ~ quite  a bit of scraping and window glazing putty to get done, and a few boards to replace.

I've been substitute teaching some, I really enjoy the older kids here at West Elk.  They are fairly well behaved and just ornery enough to keep things interesting.  Subbing at the elementary level wears me out completely ~ emptynest wasn't kidding when she said they don't have any spare minutes in their day! Those elementary teachers have to be on top of the action every second of every minute.

Guess I'm going to go out and scrape a bit on the house.  It's not fun, but it won't get done if I'm in here typing either.  HA!

Diane Amberg

Janet, thanks for the update on Tim, I was just thinking about him. I've been trying to get hold of my friend the US Marshal, and his office and e-mail have changed, so I've got to find him elsewhere where we can talk. It sounds like Tim's brain is trying very hard. Brains can do amazing things, but sometimes it can be frustratingly slow. Prayers continue.

Janet Harrington

Today's update on Tim Holsinger

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 05, 2007 03:05 PM, CDT 

Great news again today. Although Tim slept all day, the physical therapist were able to sit him on the side of the bed, which woke him up, and they decided to try to stand him up again. They initiated the stand and his automatic response kicked in and he finished standing the rest of the way up on his own. They only had to help keep him balanced.

My words...Isn't God GREAT????  Our prayers are helping Tim heal.  Thank you and keep praying.

Diane Amberg

That is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rudy Taylor

If there's on thing I have learned in my 61 years of living, it is that prayer works.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

AMEN  to that !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Sherri

Hello everyone!  Just a quick update.  We (my staff and I ) are moving back into our newly remodeled building tomorrow, Wednesday, September 12th.  We are all so excited.  It is beautiful.  Can't say that for the town but our office is nice.  They are installing all our furniture today and I am sitting here using my IT persons computer while they are out doing other things.  Just wanted to let you know why I have not been on the forum lately.  I sure miss it.  Just been so darn busy and by the time we get home, do things we need to do there, I am worn slap out.  But just wanted to say good morning, miss you all and wanted to let you know what was happening here in tornadoviille.  We should be up and running by the 17th and then I will begin packing up my other office in Coldwater that will be closing on October 22nd.  Jeepers, will it ever end.  Also, more good news.  My daughter got a job as the dental hygienist in Garden City, Kansas.  She starts tomorrow and is really excited.  She will share an apt with a girlfriend that went through dental school with her.  So bless her heart, all the years of school is finally paying off.  We have to figure out a time to move her as well.  "Sigh"....you have it...I am tired again. ahhahah....Take care and I wll hopefully not be so long in posting and reading.  Bye for now.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Diane Amberg

Just think what a wonderful Thanksgiving you will have. Perhaps someone else can cook this year and give you a break? We have been wondering how you were doing. The end is in sight...hang in there! :laugh:

Jo McDonald

This post is past morning-- but wanted to respond to Sherri and Diane ----
How wonderful that your new office is ready and you are getting set up --- I am sure you and the staff will all be wearing big smiles!!
  And Diane, you are so thoughtful-- responding with kind things to say and encouragement. 
  I hope you and Al are enjoying the change in temperatures and he can get out and enjoy the autumn season.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk