kdfrawg

Look!

Look!

The good smilies are back!

Thanks, king and queen!

Rudy Taylor

Darned ol' conservatives!

A little change wouldn't hurt ya!

Free the Smilies! Whales!  Snail Darter Fish!  Monica Lewinski! Freckles!  And people with rotund tummies!

It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

I'll go for the last one. 

;D

Teresa

It is not morning, but it is late afternoon and I just got Mason down for his quick nap..

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. don't tell anyone..
I am going to slip in and lay down next to his soft little body. and take a power nap.

Gosh.. does anything make you more sleepy than rocking a baby and humming?
I think I wanted to sleep more than he did.. lol

((Later gator... catch you all on the flip side..))
and remember...
Don't tell anyone that I am taking a nap..  :-X
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

MarineMom

anytime you need help rocking just call me and I'll be there in a flash  ;D mine are too big too rock anymore :'(

Diane Amberg

HEY, TERESA.... WAKIE, WAKIE....TIME TO GET UP.

Teresa

I only wish it was Wakie Wakie... lol
I laid down next to him.. and about 5 minutes later ..his soft little head popped up and looked at me.. and he blinked a few times and grinned.
He is so precious. I had to laugh out loud and then he really did smile big at me..
It was like him saying" Oh yippeee.. Mee Maw is just laying here waiting for me and she iis ready to play!"..

Soooo I laid there with him and we talked our "special language" and he kicked and slobbered  and got on his knees and rocked ( but he hasn't mastered getting the arms to going yet to crawl.
Thanks heavens.. cause when he takes off, I don't know if I will be able to catch him.  :)

So my nap idea was just that.. An idea..  :P
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

Oh, but enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

flo

well, Hello and good morning ! - didn't realize how busy I have been the past few days till I had a message on my answering machine wondering if I was okay because there hadn't been any posts yesterday and very few the day before.  :-\  Must not neglect my forum friends.  I am just fine, just busy.  But, reunion is over, errands are done, job interview is done, (and hired), and after the 17th posts will be fewer as I spend my days at the Jr/Sr high school.  Emptynest said this needed to be posted, but will not post specifics, but will say many of you probably know that elementary schools will not have a music teacher in the 282 district.  I was contacted about doing music for grades K-6, odd days at Severy and even days at Moline.  Music being my passion, when they contacted me about doing this, I interviewed for the job.  This is why I turned it down - what they offered plus I would be using my own vehicle and fuel to drive from Howard to each town every day - ( I would probably lost money with the milage my vehicle gets)  ::).  I feel that elementary school students need music in their lives and need to learn to enjoy it at an early age, but just couldn't see my way clear to do it for nothing.  Anyhow, going to work at the junior high level as a para and think I will like it just fine, plus it will supplement my measly ss income which leaves too much month at the end of the money.  nuff said on that subject.  anyhow - GOOD MORNING EVERYONE AND GLAD TO BE BACK AND I AM DOING JUST FINE, Myrna.  Thanks for your concern.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

emptynest

You are right, Flo.
I did ask you to post the fact that the elementary music job was offered to you --- maybe not as a certified music teacher which could affect what they offered you, but none the less, what they offered you for whatever your training is or was, IS AN INSULT!   I am very "agitated" (get it, Flo)  over this topic.  Being an elementary teacher in one of schools needing a music teacher, I think this is an all-time low for our school district.

Shake the bushes, rattle some chains, do something, but get a teacher for these  young folks so that they get the music education they so deserve.  It has so much affect on learning styles and achievements that I can't begin to imagine what trickle down affect this will have.  And the poor student who learns by rythym or music is doomed.  Just as there are kids who live for Physical Education, there are those who live for music.  Not to mention the fact that the window of opportunity is very small when it comes to developing ones musical talent.  You do without any kind of musical training when you are in elementary school, and you just don't pick up and develop it automatically when you reach junior high and high school.  Look at all the programs that are in place for youth when it comes to sports.  And that is why.  The skill, development, and refining must start early.  Most of your athletes didn't just pick up a basketball, football or baseball at age 13-14 and become overnight successes.  And believe me, if we were hunting for a coach----we would have done everything possible to secure one.   (Including enhancing the salary)

I won't even go into the fact that they (the powers that be) are probably planning for those of us in the regular classroom to pick up the slack and teach our own music.

This needs to be posted and cussed and discussed.  And I am glad that Flo had the interest and concern to at least touch this issue by applying and now posting.  If you are a patron, a taxpayer in our 282 district, you should be up in arms over this.  It is a step towards the death of our school as far as I am concerned.  Once you let it go, it will be hard to get back. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk