Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

kdfrawg

I don't think Florence Nightengale ever said "eeeeeeee awwwwww keeeeeee." Nope, I don't. I have read a couple of biographies of Ms. Nightengale, and I don't remember "eeeeeeee awwwwww keeeeeee" coming up even once in either one of them. I think Rudy is making this up.

>:(

Wilma

Come on, Rudy, tell us what we are not remembering.

Diane Amberg

I guess Rudy isn't going to tell me if I'm right or not. I do remember vaguely, but I can't quite get the picture back in my head. Tommy Rettig? yelling to his chubby friend? Anyway, hello to all. Today is our 37th Anniversary, so I'll be scarce as we go to make merry. We'll go to Cafe Gelato for dinner, a very upscale place with wonderful home made pasta dishes. They have the best onion soup I have ever tasted. Not too salty. The place is right on Main St. so we go easy on the gas too.

kdfrawg

Wow, happy anniversary, Diane!

You two have a great day. The restaurant sounds delightful!

Gelato! Yum!

:)

Rudy Taylor

Tommy Rettig it was! Thank you Diane!  Remember on the first Lassie television series when Tommy's character (Jeff Miller) would hollar to his best friend, Porky, with those unforgettable words: Eeeeee Awwwwww Keeeee!

My wife dreads it when I conjure up a good Eeee Awww Keee because I've done it in the U.S. Capitol rotunda, St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC, during the intermission of a pipe organ concert in a stuffy Wichita church, and more than once in a shopping mall.

But she admits, it sure beats my yodeling, which has been done in more embarrassing places than the above.  I'm a candiadate for an assylum, you all know that, don't you?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

There is no way in the world that I am going to make any comment whatsoever about your rendition of that sound, Rudy, let alone the wonderful new spelling of "assylum." If my wife ever gets ahold of that one, I'm going to hear it for the rest of my life!

:o

kdfrawg

To totally change the subject, I have not noticed anything from Janet lately about her new job. How is that going, Janet?

Rudy Taylor

Asylum spelled with an extra "s"
creates some fun, I must confess.

And somewhere in the cuckoo's nest
is the place where someday I shall rest.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Janet Harrington

The new job is going great.  I'm sure I will stay with this job and retire there.  The inmates, (even tho they are segregation inmates and considered the bad of the bad), are still funny and sociable, at least to me.  However; one must remember that a corrections counselor, (me), is sometimes their only avenue to getting something taken care of for them.  They sure don't want to piss the counselor off, now, do they?

I like my immediate boss.  She and another counselor are alot of fun to be around and we can sure get the teasing going.  The thing about being a counselor is that the inmates do not hate us.  They hate the officers.  The officers are the ones that take them to yard, bring them back, take toliet paper to them, towels, sheets, uniforms, things like that, but don't communicate with them.  I really don't think I would want to be an officer working in segregation.  They are constantly on the run trying to get their work done in 8 hours.  The inmates are yelling at the them most of the time. 

Counselors just kind of stroll around, talking to inmates, reading the written communications they write, (which is many times a day), let them have one phone call a month, are the ones who can raise their incentive level so that they are allowed to have things like a radio, TV, hot pots, etc.  The inmates know whose ass to kiss.

You have those inmates who are in there for many, many years who accept that they are being punished for the crimes that they have committed and then you have those inmates who still think everyone else and the dog are to blame for why they are in there. 

It is a different thing everyday.  That's what I like about it.  And they pay me to do this job.  Yippee!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk