Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfclark

I guess we got the rain intended for Desertlilydarla. 

GEORGETOWN, Texas - Torrential storms flooded parts of central Texas early Wednesday, stranding people on roofs, in trees and in vehicles, and the weather was so treacherous that some helicopter rescue attempts had to be abandoned.
The worst flooding was in Williamson, Lampasas and Burnet counties in the Texas Hill Country northwest of Austin.
"We got hard facts of 18-plus inches of rain in a couple of those places since midnight,"
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

kdfrawg

Boy, for the last few days, you have picked the wrong spot to be dry in Texas. I have been watching your weather and don't envy you for it. When it appears in over-abundance, water is very insistent stuff. I have my fingers crossed for you.

MarineMom

Quote from: desertlilydarla on June 27, 2007, 10:30:42 AM
  Does anyone know how to do a rain dance for me?... If so, I will by them a plane ticket just to come and do a rain dance for me....

don't know any rain dances or I would take you up on that offer--got a son 2 sisters and assorted neices and nephews in AZ I could go see them on your dime lol ;D

flo

Quaaack, Quaaaaaaack, Quaaaaaacblub blub blub - For you folks not in Ellk County that means good morning
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

LOL!  Flo, I hear ya. It seems for the last month or so all of the real rain has been going West of us, which of course is where Elk County is. I keep track of the weather in Omaha because my family is up there. In May, they were 10 inches ahead. In June, they have had just a quarter inch. Lawrence has only had a inch or so in June. As the global temperature creeps up, the weather patterns are changing. Things just keep getting more different all the time.

flo

good grief an inch in June?  We've had 1 1/4" in the last 24 hours, according to my rain gauge.  A friend living just north of Climax called at 3:00 this afternoon and they had just had 2 1/2 in. in 30 min.  That's what you call a toad strangler. And my granddaughter's ball team was to play for first place in the tournament tonite.  Suppose that will be postponed.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

Yup, it might be a bit wet to play ball. I guess that little place in West central Texas that got 19 inches last night (or mabye it was the night before) is going to have a few problems, too.

Wilma

Hello and Good???? Morning.  My private river is out of it's banks on 2 sides of my house.  Rain gauge shows 4 1/2 inches since it was emptied Sunday.  At least 1 inch of it since 8:00 this morning.  Radar shows it might let up for awhile pretty soon.  Don't think I will go out.  Would have to slide down the ramp and roll through running water to go anywhere.  You all have a good day.

kdfrawg

Wilma, if you decide to go out, make sure you put on water wings or something. It wouldn't do for you to be swimming around in your own private river all day and getting all tired out waiting for it to stop. Better take some flares with you, too.

;D

Mom70x7

Wilma -

Are you going to stock that moat of yours with anything?  :D  :laugh:

Maybe it will turn into a bog and you can grow cranberries!  :D   ::)

Actually, it's a shame we've had so much rain, because this is such a good rain - without all the strong winds and thunder and scary stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk