Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

With my mom being a school teacher and moving around a lot, I only spent one year, senior year, in Colorado.  So I didn't "grow up" with these people and while I had friends and girlfriends, I didn't keep in touch with any of them.  In recent months, one or two have contacted me, but it is not on a consistent basis and the messages sorta fade out after a while.  I did attend my 25th reunion quite by accident.  I happened to be traveling through that town on the day they had the reunion, so I stopped for a few hours to visit and then was anxious to continue on to Howard for a family reunion.  I didn't feel a kinship and only stopped out of curiosity.  I found out my girlfriend that I dated the most had passed away and my best friend was in a questionable mail order business (he wasn't there that day).  Others didn't recognize me until a yearbook was brought out.  Those who I wasn't really close to in high school acknowledged my presence and went on to their friends that they had grown up with.  So, a 50th reunion just doesn't appeal to me. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

I AM BACK!
Boy, am I glad I went. I really enjoyed myself. I have been home long enough to unpack and put things away.

I can't pick up the dogs until morning, so not a body is demanding I do anything.

LOL I am tired.

After the dinner theater that was our entertainment. We took a class photo.

I was told that out of 102 graduates, that 60+ responded with the "I am coming" response.
We do  have around 15 or so who have passed on. I think that is a pretty good average.

This was a 3 day event. Friday the class of 1960 had a dance and get together. Was told they had a good attendance.
A few who went Friday couldn't come Saturday.
We met and ate together at 6 and then the program started at 8 and went almost 2 hours. We had non stop laughter and "boy are we a noisy bunch.
LOL I had went to the ladies room and on way back the noise level from the room we were in was so loud. I started laughing and just stood and watched everyone before I went back in.
Last night my girlfriend and I sat in dad's driveway till around 12 and just scratched the service of chit-chat. She still had a 15 mile drive and it was way past my bedtime.

This morning there was a breakfast at one of the places I didn't know the name. I might have gone if I hadn't gotten in so late and slept in a bit this morning. You know this old lady goes to bed with the chickens and altho I had a great time.
I am ready for down time and catching up time.

Came home to find my friend Joe Tindle is back in hospital and they have called "Hospice" in. Please keep this kind gentle man in your prayers.
He does have terminal cancer and a fantastic outlook.

I will start my devotions sometime tomorrow. Have a great night and
God bless
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Glad to hear you had such a good time.

Diane Amberg

We're off to Cambridge Maryland again to the big Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay. Al's going to the same Pension Board Conference as last year, but different topics and speakers. I've got a pile of books and my sunscreen. Have fun all.

Diane Amberg

If any of you see any of the Sedan FD members ,tell them I voted for them to win the new E-One engine. They'll understand. If you look up the E-One web site you might be able to vote too, not sure.

Mom70x7

Go to http://www.e-one.com/

Click on the E-One news, then E-One stories. Read Sedan's, register and vote.

Diane Amberg

Thanks! My link was through the fire service.

Jo McDonald

I LOVE the new format and home page of the forum.  Thanks Kjell and Teresa.  It is beautiful !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Mom70x7

The link I use most often leads me straight to the Forum - had to go "home" to see what you're talking about.

You're right - it's a pretty home page. Very well organized and a good introduction for new people.

Jo McDonald

For those of you that remember Bill and Denise Inman and their boys.  Bill was Principle of the Howard Grade School in the late 60's.
  A wonderful family.

I received word this week that Bill passed away.  They lived in Overland Park, KS. 
If you would like to send a card to the family -- this is the address.

Denise Inman
5412 W. 134th Terrace
Overland Park, KS  66209

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk