Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

I would think the administrator would set better examples. 
why should she? A dose of her funny-ness is just what we
need to lighten the forum.

Keep it going Teresa, and Janet and Rudy. You do cause a laugh now and then. LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

sixdogsmom

There's nobody funnier than Delbert when he gets wound up. I think he objected to the language is all, not the funnin'.
Edie

Wilma

Nobody objects to the funnin'.  I don't know how old Delbert is, but I am thinking that he grew up pretty much the same time I did.  At that time, gross and crude language, especially from ladies, was unacceptable.  We don't grow out of those standards.  During the time that Teresa and Janet were growing up, that kind of language became more and more acceptable from girls as they strove to become equal to their male counterparts.  Being one that encouraged equality of the genders, I let the crude language slide by.  It still offends my ears, as I know it offends other people of my age group, but what can we do about it when it is a constant in every thing you hear now?  Some TV shows I refuse to watch because of the grossness and crudity of the content and I don't think I am missing anything.

My girls do watch their language when they are around me, pretty much, but I know that with their contemporaries, it is a different matter.  Unless Delbert is funnin' us all, I know how he feels.  If I didn't know how much these girls love each other, I would be shocked at what they say, but I do know.  Actually, if either of them are extra nice to you, beware.  Be very, very cautious.

Teresa

Quote from: Delbert on December 28, 2009, 04:41:36 PM
Still looking for proof about being an adult.   I would think the administrator would set better examples.  

Well Delbert......I am not in here to set an example to other adults..This is an open forum for anyone and everyone. There are things said that not everyone is going to agree with.. ( kinda like " real life".)
Nor am I in here to "be someone I am not." to suit everybody's interpretation of what I should or should not be.

Those who know me know that I am as genuine as they come... and far far from having a publicly foul mouth.  And as far as proof that I am an adult??
I will act like the adult that I am right now... for I will keep my mouth shut of what really needs to be said to you in a situation like this one..

In closing....
If the word 'ass' offends you.. I'm sorry...
I still think you need to smile and lighten up... :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Sherri

Well said Sister....So proud of you....
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Mongo

Ok Teresa, Get the lifeboy,Dial,lava or whatever is handy and take a lick to make mends with everybody.I must of ate ten bars of that stuff when I was young. Maybe they don't make bar soap anymore. Ready for the spring shooten season. Landrun getting closer. May go out and knock some ice off my targets this afternoon if it warms up.Se ya down the trail. Keep your humor.  Mongo 

Teresa

Hey Mongo.. How are you?
Are you shooting in Land Run again? I think I am too this year! It will be cool to get to see you.. be better if we were on the same Posse! Wonder if I can pull some strings and gt that accomplished..  ;) PM me your mobile number so I can keep in touch and at least if we aren't on the same posse we can at least meet and yack awhile.  ;D
I'm shooting Winter Range in February this year too. ( Don't know if I am good enough , but I guess we'll see)  :D Are you going to be there?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Rudy Taylor

The Bible says Moses tied his ass to a tree and walked a mile.

But then, Moses didn't post on the Elk County Forum.

;D
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Mom70x7

QuoteThe Bible says Moses tied his ass to a tree and walked a mile.

I read that sooooo wrong the first time!  :D  :D  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk