June 1 Storm

Started by Mom70x7, June 01, 2007, 07:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Was up early this morning - and took these pictures of Howard Johnson's truck and tree.

He lives on the corner of Adams and Cedar. I think the house actually faces Cedar, but the street that is blocked by the tree is Adams, between Cedar and Pine.

Ouch!!!!  :(    :'(

Dee Gee

Did he ever pick the wrong spot to park.  I lost one big tree limb but it fell in an open area.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

Thank you, ace photographer, for the pictures.  I knew the wind was bad, but that is a big tree.

Wilma

Does anyone know how much rain we have had since midnight?

Mom70x7

as of mid-morning, it was reported we had 3 inches.

What just came down in the last couple of hours will, of course, change that total.

okiemon

I set my rain gauge up at 7pm, by 8:45 pm I had 2.13 inches.
heres a pic of the falls from the old bridge in Elk Falls at 6pm.

Janet Harrington

What a great picture of Elk Falls dam, okiemon!!  Thanks for sharing.

flo

at 7:00 Fri. a.m. I had 2 1/2 in. rain in my gauge - at 8:00 p.m. had 4 1/2 in. (it had NOT been emptied).  At 7:00 Sat. a.m. had another 3/4 in. for a total of 5 1/4 inches.  I have heard of people in different directions having 7+ inches.  Whatever the amount, IT IS PLENTY !!! Don't know if it was wind or lightening that got that tree a couple blocks over.  Lightening sure brought me up out of bed shortly before they discovered the tree and downed power lines. Great pics.

Janet Harrington

My husband said that Allen Cummings, who lives west of Howard about say 10 miles, had 8 inches of rain.

Mom70x7

The lightning strike was the pole just north of Jerry Wagner's house, across the street from us. It was also hit a couple of years ago when Knut Schaad lived in that house.

I don't know everything it fried in their house, but I assume quit a bit.

We had surge protectors on most everything, except the tv's, so we kind of lost them. We've got sound, no picture.  :(   Oh, well, we were planning on replacing them soon anyhow, just not this soon!  :)

The transformer and the pod  ??? were blown. We went to bed close to midnight and Sam Oakleaf and crew were still working on it then. It was fixed by morning.

Rumor time, here - Someone also said there was no electricity out at the lake.  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk