June 1 Storm

Started by Mom70x7, June 01, 2007, 07:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfclark

Quote from: okiemon on June 01, 2007, 10:22:54 PM
I set my rain gauge up at 7pm, by 8:45 pm I had 2.13 inches.
heres a pic of the falls from the old bridge in Elk Falls at 6pm.

Is this the same view???

I've never seen the river up this high. 
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Janet Harrington

Same view, Kevin.  I have seen the river up that high and more many, many times.  I think what is amazing right now is that we were so dry for so long that we thought we would never get rain.  Now, we have all we want.  ha ha

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Mom70x7 on June 02, 2007, 04:13:57 PM
Sam Oakleaf and crew were still working on it then. It was fixed by morning.

I was in Wichita last night and arrived in Howard about 12:00 midnight or a little after.  Westar was just leaving east on Washington at that time.

Teresa

During the first blast of the storm I was giving a 1 1/2 hr. massage. The storm and rain lasted the whole time. When I was done I grabbed my camera and in the down pour, got Ashley,  and she and I headed around town and took pictures of ...as she called it..."BIG Water".  :)

I will post them on here in several posts.

Our electricity went out, but came right back on.. then it dimmed a few times later on in the 2nd storm that came up, which was about 40 minutes after the first one  finished. We had hail and high hard winds in both of them.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Here are 1 from down by Lee and Kaye Howells house on Perry -Michigan.
Then 2 from north Wabash.

Teresa

Here are some more taken down by Sandy Dunbar's corner on Pennsylvania /Iowa.
And then 2 over on Iowa street by the house that Hatfield's used to live in.

Teresa

Here is one that was taken on the east side of Michigan street right by the house that Curt Morgan used to live in.( I don't know who lives in there now)

Then the 2 are on the Busby road looking on both sides of Snake creek.
Remember.. this is "a CREEK" not a river... and it was just roaring.

Teresa

Here is Sam Oakleaf working on the transformer while it was thundering and lightening all over the place. I was standing under Mark's carport with my whole family watching the storm
and zoomed in on him.
( I know I know.. my new camera is just AWESOME"  ;) )

Then the last picture is Sam stopped over at the carport and told us all the outages scoop...so I took a  quick shot  of Sam and Derek ( my youngest)

Mom70x7

And we've been discovering damage from that transformer all day: the two tvs, the sump pump in the basement . . . so, yes, it was full of water, which means the furnace, the hot water heater, the whole house water softener !  :(

It appears it melted some circuits somewhere. The breaker box looks good, it's elsewhere that the damage is done.

Oh well . . .

Mom70x7

oh - where are my manners!  ???

Nice pictures, Teresa!  :)

I really like the immediacy of digital cameras!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk