Did You Ever Wonder Why...

Started by Teresa, May 22, 2007, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

Wow!  Me too! 
We must be the only two besides our Moms though ~  8) ~
(And maybe our sisters  :P )

Wilma

I love the vegetable peeler, except for potatoes.  You do have to go back with a knife and clean it up so why not use the knife to begin with.  Besides the peeler can peel just as thick as the knife if you don't use it right.

kdfrawg

As I have said elsewhere, I don't believe in "off topic." It is a very un-natural concept in natural conversation, which is what a forum is supposed to emulate. But I will tell you what I have done in the past, in forums that I have managed, in this situation. Leave everything the the way it is in Roll Call, and continue to ask newbies to post their bios there. Let people comment at will.

Start a new locked forum called Member Bios, or something. When a member posts a bio in Roll Call, you or Kjell could copy it into there. That way you can have the bios in a pristine place where it is easy to find them, like in an archive. And you can still have them, with the spontaneous comments they generated, completely in context, in Roll Call.

Just a suggestion.

flo

how bout a thread ROLL CALL COMMENTS
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

I tried it. It tends to ruin the context of the replies to the bios.

;D

littlelamb

did you ever wonder why they put the tobaco on the 10 items or less lane ?

Teresa

As a matter of fact I HAVE wondered why.  ???

Kjell smokes and when he has to  buy cigarettes..
we want to buy 1 carton ..
and have to stand in front of someone checking out with a month of supplies in their cart..
JUST because they want to add a pack of smokes to it..and can't check out anywhere else.

Well, they could... we do... but they don't! They just drag that ole' cart and all the stuff in it right up to the check out and unload it all while everyone waits behind them!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

That's really odd. Ours are locked in a big case in front of the check out lines. People ask for them as they start putting their purchases on the belt. Then any line cashier goes and gets them.
        Joke time
Why did Harry Potter walk across the road?
His broom was in the shop for repairs.

Teresa

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 18, 2007, 02:27:43 PM

Why did Harry Potter walk across the road?
His broom was in the shop for repairs.

HEY~~ >:(
Don't you talk about my vehicles like that!
;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

kdfrawg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk