Antioch 1931 Group Picture

Started by frawin, May 22, 2007, 10:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I have a 1931 Antioch group picture. I wanted to be sure that it has not already been posted. If so let me know and I won't post. If I need to post, Janet you will need to help me reduce the size. How did you do that anyway, the only way I have been able to reduce the size on pictures is rescan them and reduce.
Frank

Janet Harrington

I use a program called Adobe Photoshop 5.5.  I bring my picture into that program, then under Image, I go to Image Size, then reduce my width pixels to 450 pixels.  That makes them a good size to submit to the forum.

I don't know how anyone else does them.  If you want to e-mail me the picture, I'll be glad to do it for you.

Janet Harrington

Frank,

To search this forum to see if there is something already there, just go to the buttons that say Home Help Search Profile Calendar Logout.  Under Search, you can put in a key word and it will bring up every post that has that word in it.

Now, for the Antioch group picture, go to this post by Lois

School Days at Antioch
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:45:53 AM

On "THE GOOD OLD DAYS" board.  There are two group pictures.

kfclark

I have had good success reducing the size of photos in Paint.

Go to the Image Menu, Select Stretch/Skew, change the value for the Horizontal and Vertical Stretch to something less than 100% (they both need to be the same or your picture will end up funny) click OK.

I always save it with a different name so I don't mess up my original Scan. I can then reduce it further if it is still too large.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk