Soap Box Day Today

Started by Wilma, May 18, 2007, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Emergency Services that are 24/7 have the same problem. You  can have a call at 0200, then you can have another one at 0200 the second time around, after the clocks switch back. We have to be very careful with the paperwork!

Janet Harrington

This has all been so funny.  I loved it.  Especially when Waldo said he got up at 2:00 a.m. to change his clocks. LOL

greatguns

Waldo---------  I find it much easier to just stay up until 2:00 A.M. and set the clocks than to drag out of bed and set them to the proper time. ;D ;D ;D ;D  I do enjoy the extra daylight at the end of the workday.  It's kind of depressing in the winter when you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.  It might not be so bad if I had some windows at work.  Oh well !!!!!

Wilma

Tomorrow is soap box day, but I won't have time in the morning to do this, so I will do it now.

I wish everybody would stop smoking so I wouldn't have to wheel through their discarded butts or smell their stinking clothes.  We visited a place of business last week and the entry to their door was littered with butts, then while inside, a nice looking lady passed me and she stank so bad that I found myself holding my breath until she moved out of range.  I can't imagine why anyone would want to smell so bad that people avoid them.

If you are a smoker, I am talking to you.  Have you ever accidentally started a fire with a carelessly tossed butt?  No?  Are you sure?  Think about it.

Have you ever felt that you are being avoided?  No?  Think about it.

But then this brings up the subject of perfume that is overpowering which is just as bad.  Or the ordinary litter that slovenly people drop or throw out of their cars.  Think about it.  Are you one of the thoughtless people that make the world a harder place for others to live?  Think about how your actions affect those around you. :'( :'( :'(

Diane Amberg

There are very few places left in Delaware where people can smoke indoors, and many have restricted out door smoking also. My clothes and lungs are very thankful for it.

MarineMom

some of the reasons I stay away from indoor public gatherings is because of overuse of perfume/aftershave and smokey clothes, I also avoid the homes of people who use powerful scented air "fresheners" these all trigger a major asthma attack.  :(

Bonnie M.

I'd say that California is pretty smoke free, but you know that's not true this week!  However, there is no smoking allowed in any restaurants in California, and there are many public places where smoking is not allowed.  (Including, in our home, which is not necessarily a public place!)  I do know people, though, that are so "addicted" to smoking, that I think they'd actually just as soon die, as to quit smoking.  My addiction is eating, so "what can I say?"  (I love warm peach pie with ice cream!)

Bonnie

Ole Granny

I'll eat to that!  (Warm Peach Pie with ice cream)   ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

Rudy Taylor

Yes, my extra pounds will probably take me long before cigarettes would. So, here's to chocolate cream pie!

It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk