Soap Box Day Today

Started by Wilma, May 18, 2007, 08:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

I am tired of Daylight Savings Time also.

Not because of the days but because I have to get up on Sunday morning at 2:00 am twice a year to change the time...

You would think they would have made the time change at 10:00 pm on Saturday night so that you can change your clocks just before you go to bed...
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

I do change my clocks before I go to bed.

Roma Jean Turner

Just one more thing the gall darn(?) government is messing with.  I'd like to tell them to GET OUT OF IT!!!!, It's all God's time anywy.

Jo McDonald

Gee, Waldo, I NEVER get up at 2 AM and reset our clocks --- I do it before I go to bed, no matter what time that might be.
When this body goes to sleep, that is it, until 5:30 AM,  then my automatic alarm system seems to go off and it opens my eyes, and another day begins.  And I am thankful for each and every one that I am blessed with, whether it is daylight savings time or regular time.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

That's what we do too, Jo.  In fact, Frank takes care of setting the clocks.  I LOVE the longer daylight time.  It isn't as important to me now as it once was.  I used to be at work at 7:00 A.M., so it didn't matter what season it was, it was basically dark, but had the evening hours with a little more time to run errands, do outside chores, etc.  I'm with you!  Every day is a gift and the older I get the more I appreciate each day!

Myrna

W. Gray

Folks,

Getting up at 2:00 am was a put on.....
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Of course it was Waldo.  They's just funnin' wit cha, thas all.  Don't forget to change your smoke detector  batteries if you didn't do it last April!  Change your clocks, change your batteries!!!

Joanna

Ha! I work very oddball days & hours, and sometimes don't change my clock for a day or two after Daylight Savings Time begins or ends.  I get up when I wake and go to bed when I'm tired (or when Marty's History Channel program is REALLY boring!)  It's really not that much different for me than when the electricity goes out and I have to reset all the plug-in clocks in the house.  Ha!  Marty has some kind of internal clock that works for him, so he doesn't bother with clocks much anyway...  Hmmm... 'Nuf said.

Anyhow, my computer, cell phone and cable box all automatically reset, so we have a reference when needed.  When I had a regular-hours job and my kids were in school, it was more important.  Now I just work ALL the time, so it doesn't matter what the clock says.  HA!

PS.  W ~ I'm so glad you let me know you were joking.  I don't know you well enough to be sure, and my Grannie really did used to stay up till 1 a.m. to change her clock.

Wilma

Gee, Waldo, you really don't get up at 2:00 AM to change your clocks?  And here I was going to change my ways so you wouldn't be the only one.

W. Gray

Well, if you think about it if you set your clock when you go to bed you would have a different time than it actually was.

Additionally, it would be against the law since the law says 2:00am.

A few years ago, I was working with a number of FEMA employees in an emergency exercise on 12-hour shifts over a two-week period including weekends.

One weekend happened to be the day light savings weekend. If the balloon had actually gone up, there would not have been any coming and going.

However, shifts were employed for the two-week exercise to help with the realities of family life.

Once inside the underground shelter, everyone was prohibited from leaving. The military police normally opened the blast doors twice a day at 2:00 am and 2:00 pm to allow changing shifts. FEMA has an underground blast proof self contained facility in Lakewood, CO.

Some of the women reporting at 2am forgot to set their clock and came in one hour early but were granted access.

At that time in the morning there is not a lot one can do to kill an hour. There was a lot of shrieking when they discovered they forgot and each had no choice but work a 13-hour shift.

A couple men came in early but they would only smile and not admit to not setting their clock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk