ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Hey, Larry, glad to hear from you. My grand parents lived outside of Howard and then in Howard after they retired off the ranch many years ago. You must have seen the recent fires... pretty scary.

Rudy Taylor

Hi, Larry,

Thanks for the nice stroll along Memory Lane.  We like things like that.

I'm not a Howard native but have fallen in love with the folks who live in Elk County.  My family publishes a little newspaper called The Flint Hills Express which covers Howard, Moline and other towns in the area.

Post often! 

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Janet Harrington

Hi ya, Larry.  Thanks for allowing us into your memories.  I enjoyed reading about your visiting your Grandmother.

Bonnie M.

I live in southern California east of Los Angeles.

Hi, Larry....What is the town you live in, in the L.A. area?

I live in Escondido, and I'm a "transplanted Kansan."  I find that there are a lot of us out here, do you find that, also?  We moved out here 21 years ago, we formerly lived south of Longton.

I'm sure you were in the area of the wildfires, the same as we were, and everyone else in Southern California.  And, now I'm hearing that we might have a "mild Santa Ana" again this week-end.  We'll just have to hope for the best.

Take care....
Bonnie

DTW902

Hello everyone
Well I will try a short version as it is getting late. We moved here 10 or 12 years ago raised are family here. My name is Dave the wife is Cari, we have 2 girls and 2 boys. Stacy, Tiffany, Craig and Tyler. We have 1 grandaughter Ryley. The girls are grown and gone. Craig is at home still and works with the family biz. Tyler is a senior in high school. Everyone would come closer to knowing the wife and kids than myself. I am kind of a work a holic. Full time job in Wichita, Williams Tree Service LLC here in Howard and the farm that seems to consume all my time. I do need to slow down some day.... ;D
Anyway the wife is from Wichita and I am from Missouri, that's kind of how we ended up here. Closer to Missouri and about as far as I was willing to drive to work (85miles one way). Well enough for now.
See'ya Dave

Jo McDonald

Welcome, Dave, Cari and family.  I hope you enjoy you life in Elk County and we will look forward to reading your posts.

By the slightest of chances, did your wifes parents, now deceased,  live in Winfield, Kansas------just a long shot guess on my part.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

Dave,

That is one cool picture you have for your profile.

larryJ

Bonnie, I live in Covina, 22 miles due east of downtown L.A. on the 10 freeway.  Our house is in the San Gabriel Valley (sprawl) far away from any of the fires.  But we did have the smoke and every morning there would be a fine coating of ash on the cars.  We have lived here for 33 years.  Both of our children are grown and gone.  Our son married in July this year and lives in Orange County not far from the Silvarado fire.  His wife works in Irvine and had to be evacuated from her building one day last week.  The reason I am slow in answering is that our daughter got married yesterday.  She and her now husband had been "living in sin" as my wife calls it for a while, but now they are legal and they have given us our wonderful granddaughter who was the flower girl at the wedding.  She was the flower girl at her Uncle's wedding in July, also.  She is getting a lot of practice.  Now we are waiting to see which one of our children wants to have Thanksgiving at their place!!!! :laugh:  Larry
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Larry, you might have a long wait.  Nothing beats going home to Mom's cooking.

greatguns

I don't know Wilma, my Mother seems to think something beats me going home for Thanksgiving.  That would be her going to one of her daughters house for the day.  I guess after 86 years of life, she just might have a valid point.  She done a wonderful job of teaching us all to cook and we do enjoy taking turns of hosting the Holidays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk