ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Teresa, you need to do a ROLL CALL #2 - Getting a lot of new members, but they aren't handing out any information about themselves.  Sometimes I get curious as I'm sure others do, but they don't know about the bio's evidently, cause there is so much other stuff on there.  Just my two cents worth, now worth a penny. :-\
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

kdfrawg

I still think you ought to make a Bio Archive and you and Kjell could copy just the bios into it, from wherever they get written, and lock it so it's read only. That would make them easy to find and they wouldn't get messed up.

flo

good idea, good idea, well said
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Rudy Taylor

A quick note here. I had an extra 15 minutes today as I worked my newspaper deadline and went back through the Roll Call. Wow!  There are some fine folks on this forum and I hope to read their posts more often. It was fun learning the exact identity of some, as well as their locations. I consider it an honor to be among you.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

If some of our new folks don't post soon, I may hold my fingers until they turn blue!  ;)

Carol (aka Nana 02)

Okay I finally have quickly read thru Roll call so I will try to post some now and some later as I have dinner cooking! My name is Carol Baughman (Fox) I spent a great deal of my childhood in Longton and have many memories growing up there even tho you know how the small town talk is and everyone knows everyone and everything they did the day before and sometimes even before you knew it yourself! LOL Needless to say my family wasnt one of the (popular ones!) but I loved Longton just the same! There are 6 of us kids, i have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. Actually we all turned out pretty good! Family is very important to all of us and I think that is one of the most important things in life. My Mom lives in Noel, MO (about 25 minutes from me) We lost my Dad to cancer May 5, 2001  he was 58 years old. My oldest brother lives in Portalnd, OR  and that rest of us live here in the Northwest AR / Southwest MO area.
I have one Daughter, Lisa she is 25. She and her husband Shawn have my 2 wonderful granchildern Kaleb 5 and Preston 1. They live about 5 minutes from me and we spend every weekend together doing something. We love dirt track racing, playing cards(canasta, pitch, spades) or just swimming in the pool and having a BBQ. Will post most more later about family and relatiives in Longton, got to tend to dinner now.

Diane Amberg

kdfrawg

That sounds like a pretty darned good life to me, Carol. Thanks very much for telling us about yourself.

:)

Carol (aka Nana 02)

Thanks Kermit!!  Dinner is over now and dishes  loaded in the Dishwasher. Now I will try to post a little more...  I guess I forgot to mention that my Husbands name is David !!  I have now lived in this area for the past 26 years and in the same house for the last 18. Our address is Pineville Mo but we live about 10 miles south of there on the AR/MO line closer to Bella Vista AR then to anywhere else. I work at Concordia Retirement in Bella Vista (office AR/AP, front desk or where ever needed to fill in that day !) It is a Continuing Care Campus  (All levels of Care starting with The Independent living Apartments & Townhomes where I work at and then we also have 2 assisted living buildings, and  a Healthcare & Rehab Center.)I have worked here for almost 9 years and love it!! You really get to know so many of the people very well and they become a extented part of your family. After working  at a place like this I just cant imagine doing anything else. Before this I spent 10 years at Tyson Foods. My husband works for Crossland Construction. They are based out of Columbus KS but also have offices here. They are huge here as Northwest AR has been booming for the past 8-10 years.
Oh, i was reading earlier that Narvous worked at Sheppard of the Hills in Branson, we live about 1 hr. 45 min from there. Matter of fact will be spending Aug 10-12 there for there annual Summer Cruise Night. And i have seen the Baldknobbers Show! Great Show! Also seen Sheppard of the Hills years ago. Branson is a great family destination and we go 2-3 times a year. Wow so much to say but will save it for another day! Still got to get back to the subject of Family in Longton, another time :)

Roma Jean Turner

I live in Springfield, MO and love going to Branson as well.  I also get to Pineville fairly often.  My friend Norman Smith has a chiropractic practice there and I go down and get treatment.  I enjoy taking the backroads down in your area.  Glad you are on the site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk