ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emptynest

Hey--if you look for the good in teenagers---some, if not most, will rise to your expectations.  And if you call them by name and just say hi---often they are surprised that you will even speak to them.  Basically, you are something they someday wish to be but don't know it yet, and they have something you had, but you don't want to go back to get it.  (Wow, did I say that?)

flo

Wilma, I agree with Myrna.  I don't believe our teacher was from around here.  Susan, well said, and I like the family picture.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

flo

wow - and while I was typing my reply the picture changed.  That was quick.

Janet Harrington

Ah, emptynest,

You have said it all.  I love you for that.  Thanks for being here in my life and everything that you do and say.  Your kids are lucky to have you as their mother.

Just think.  They could have been given to me by God and they wouldn't have been such bright friendly children.  ha ha

emptynest

What kind words---from both Flo and Janet----
These "family" pictures still seem empty to me without Joe being in them......I just think it looks so sad.  But I tell myself that he blessed me with 3 beautiful children (and they are) and that if I am patient, in the Lord's time, not mine, that my family may grow to have 2 gorgeous daughters-in-law, and a handsome son-in-law, plus numerous precious grandchildren. 

And all 3 of my kids are out of the teenage stage---but let me tell you.....it's still rough being a young adult......it doesn't all end just because they hit their 20's.  I have always prayed to God, please keep them alive and let them see 25!  There are some tough times for these young people before they get settled and some don't ever get to find their niche in society.  We should pray for our youth.  We need them badly.  I look at my kids and think---Good Lord, they are going to be choosing my nursing home!  I better do my best!

flo

Susan, Joe is with you in that picture - he's in everyone of your children.  I was a little older than you when I was widowed, 55 to be exact.  The following easter, after church, Jan Kelly wanted to take a picture of my family as all of them were there.  It was a sad holiday, because Lewis wasn't with us.  But what a great looking family and I know he is proud of every one of them as he looks down, "he" being both Joe and Lewis.  I keep wanting to ask why, but I know it is not my place to question God's plan.  I'm sure you have the same questions I have, but we'll know the answer by and by.  God Bless and Thank You for your Friendship.  Now time to head to church.

Jo McDonald

Susan - Flo - and dandymama ---- all three of your post brought tears to my eyes.  Personally I LOVE TEENAGERS..always have.  Some of the greatest memories that I have of our girls growing up years were when their friends were at our home and I enjoyed every one of those times.  Yes ---- there are many times that we close our eyes and pray that everything will turn out as we hope, but we all have made mistakes, but if we just learn from them, then that will be what "He" has in our plan.
It breaks my heart to see young people that no one wants nor loves -- if only I were able to turn that around, but alas, it is not in my power.  But believe me --- I try hard to smile at every one of them I meet, and 99 % smile back.
Be patient - they will be wonderful parents and grandparents someday.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

elkgrandkid

Hi again,

I get lost on this place.  All y'all are so proficient at posting that if a person only hangs out a few times a month or so, they find a "flood" of posts!

(ok, maybe that was bad taste)     ::)

I'm glad this group is here.  I probably won't visit too much.  Was here earlier this month because I figured there would be news about the flood, and there was, and it was great to know there would be people posting about what was happening. 

Little pocket of hills in Elk County never gets out of your blood, does it?

In case anybody wants to know, the Bartlesville newspaper says we still can't use Johnstone Park.  They are still working on "sanitizing" it.  That probably means Kiddie Park too.  Just in case you have family you were going to visit here in B'ville.

Big Hugz to All,

Ritagail

Mom70x7

How far did the flood waters go in B'ville? We were there in 1977 when several blocks of downtown were flooded. We lived over by Central and had water bubbling up in our basement.

Leonardcrl

Hi:  I'm just tacking on the the end of this thread since I lost the reply to post from my registration.

I'm a Newbie, having just registered last week. 
I'm a Geezer who graduated from Howard High in 1952 and KU in 1957 and left town.
I spent 22 plus years in the USAF and then another 20 years working as a contractor in the DoD
Since 2005 I've able to proudly say that I'm doing nothing. (That's another way of saying I'm Retired)
I was last in Howard and Elk County last May for the High School Reunion
I found this site through Rudy Taylor's story in the Flint Hills Express -
     You are to be congratulated on this site. It is one of the better ones I have seen.

Oh yeah  ;) I'm Carl Leonard.  Except for Waldo Gray I don't believe anybody else I recognize in the forum will remember me.
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk