Foods that make you THIRSTY

Started by Teresa, May 01, 2007, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Why is it that certain foods make you so thirsty, that there isn't enough water to take care of the dry throat.
I fried pheasant tonight. Had fresh green beans, cottage cheese, boiled potatoes and I made a fresh strawberry pie for dessert.
I swear, that pheasant made me so thirsty that I have drank about a gallon water and I am STILL thirsty. And I mean .,..not just drink, I mean GULP..
My poor old belly is so packed with water that I can't breathe!
Maybe I just need a barrel full and drink until I can't move,.

((actually, I waddle now when I walk, so guess I am there)))   

Seafood makes me that way and so does fried chicken gizzards.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Lord, I gotta go back to the kitchen, cause I need another giant glass of ice water..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Flintauqua

Pheasant - Dry?  I can't believe that.  Must be the cook. LOL ;D ::) :angel:

Teresa

THAT'S IT!!
You've  had it!

Nobody!!~~and I mean NOBODY insults the cook!

(((Beside smarty britches... I said the pheasant MADE me dry.. not that the pheasant WAS dry!

Jeeesssseeee.. don't you know that I am one of the best cooks in this county? huh? don't cha?
;)

Janet Harrington

That's true.  She is.  I've tried to get her to marry me many times, but, alas, Kjell gets that cooking benefit.  Not me.

Jane

Teresa,
It is the coating and the oil you use. There is salt in both of them and that is where your thirst, comes from.
Army Mom

Teresa

Quote from: Rex Vinette on May 04, 2007, 01:10:27 PM
Teresa,
It is the coating and the oil you use. There is salt in both of them and that is where your thirst, comes from.
Army Mom

I know it is. And when I fry chicken or anything like that I have huge crunchy's all over it.. (And I wonder why I can't wear any of my clothes)

Quote from: Janet Harrington on May 03, 2007, 03:17:32 PM
That's true.  She is.  I've tried to get her to marry me many times, but, alas, Kjell gets that cooking benefit.  Not me.
Ta Ta~~You have never ask me properly..or I might have said yes..

Janet Harrington

Well, gosh.  Next time you fry chicken for me, I'll get down on one knee and propose.  ha ha

Flintauqua

Some tag team partner you are Janet! >:(

I'm trying to give her heck, and you're ready to propose to her :-*

Janet Harrington

Let me tell you, Charlie.  If you would taste her cooking, you would ask her to marry you, too. ;D ;D ;D

Teresa

2 possible proposals?
Wow!!~~~ :o

And just for my cookin"?

That would be an easy life..  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk