Your Opinion(s), Please!

Started by genealogynut, April 17, 2007, 06:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indygal

I vote for all three. I enjoy learning about the county's past ....which is anything that isn't the immediate present!

Jo McDonald

Lois it looks like you will have a FREE RANGE for all of this reporting.  Bless your heart --- how wonderful that you will devote your time for the enjoyment of the rest of us.  A B C is the vote from me also.  AND A HEARTY BIG THANK YOU !!!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

genealogynut

Jo, that's one way of looking at it. And thank you for your input.  :) :) But from my viewpoint, one of the biggest reasons why I  have been posting all these articles from newspapers on the obituary, good old days, and genealogy boards is to help those who are researching the area for history and genealogy.  :angel: :angel:   Since Elk County has no genealogy society and no one that does research for hire,  :(  those that live outside the area have a rough time of trying to get the information they are looking for.  I'm trying to make a difference.  But I am so happy that most everyone enjoys reading the postings, too!!  I know that I enjoy stepping back into yesteryear  8) and some of the things I read about, I had forgotten. 

Thanks to all, for your response, and may you continue reading the forum and participate often. :)  Enjoy!

ladybug

I vote for all three.  I've been trying to find an obit for my great grandfather in Elk County.
I think what you are doing will be a great help to all. :angel:

genealogynut

Would you care to give your grandfather's name, and death date, if you have it?  Also do you know which part of the county he lived in or time period? Or cemetery?  Any clues that you have would help to locate the obit you are looking for.  Thanks for your opinion. :)

Ms Bear

I agree with everyone else, A, B and C.  You have been such a great heip to me by finding and posting obits on my family and I really enjoy learning about the area where my greatgrandparents moved to and my grandparents met and married.

I enjoy the pictures and stories, hopefully I will be able to come to Elk County and see it for myself someday.  In the meantime I will continue to read the Forum daily.

carolb

I vote A, B, C too!
  Also looking for information on family. I'll send infomation later. Do you know of any Coile's? Also Clark Rush?
  It's really wonderful and APPRECIATED for all you're doing for others!

God Bless
        Carol

desertlilydarla

I vote for A,B,and C........ I've been looking for the obit of Orwill Perrin Lewis and Gertrude Ellen (Rose) Lewis from Elk Falls. Orwill died I thank in 1966 and Gertrude died in the 70's.  Any help would be nice
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk