Illegal immigration

Started by Janet Harrington, April 09, 2007, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

I had to sign on for this one.  Yesterday, here in Los Angeles, thousands (and a lot of thousands) of Latino people crowded into downtown shutting down a lot of major intersections to protest treatment by the government.  They were demanding fair wages, access to government programs, and recognition of undocumented workers.  Last year, when they had this same Mayday protest, things got out of hand and it turned into a minor riot with the LA Police acting like riot troops.  The result of that is that the entire LAPD underwent (sensitivity) training to better handle this years crowd.  This year the crowd was somewhat smaller because last year many employers fired those workers who failed to show up for work in order to march in the protest.  My daughter (eighth generation American) works in this area and found it hard to get to her job and to leave afterwards.  How ironic is it that people who are here illegally and breaking the law by being here are openly demanding fair treatment from a government whose laws they have and are breaking.   ???
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

Larry, you make a very valid point. Unfortunately I am concerned that we are about to  put someone in the Whitehouse that gives in to the illegals, every candidate Democrat and the liberal running on the Republican ticket has made comments about giving benefits to the illegals.
Frank

Lookatmeknow!!

I just can't keep my mouth shut on this one.  I can't stand the thought of illegal aliens getting benifits that they shouldn't receive.  It makes me sick.  I can't understand why they should get special treatment.  If anything I think that the older Americans could use some assistants.  I know that when I get ready for retirement, there might not be any social secrety (spelling wrong), but I feel that this older people that are US Citizens should get more benifits.  I mean come on.  I work just the same as all people, well most people, and if I won't be given SS when I get older I would hope and wish that I wouldn't have to pay for the illegals to get my benefilts.  It SUCKS!!!! >:( >:( >:(
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

pam

hell they might as well go home anyway, all the jobs are gonna be in mexico before long anyway :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Pam , I think they need to go to China, that is where the work is, everything in the US is made in China.. I bet they won't march for free medical and social security in China.
Frank

pam

If they did protest in China it sure wouldn't last very long :P Ate my last hershey bar today, not gonna buy em anymore, if I'm gonna eat imported chocolate I'll buy the good stuff from belgium :P not the mexican hersheys. I'd do the same thing no matter where they move to. They ought to stop lettin all the companies move out of the US, pretty soon we'll be importin EVERYTHING and then we will really be screwed blued and tattooed
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Teresa

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use.

The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants!

That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.....

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Border.

When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq .

Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military.

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.

After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.

He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot.

This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.

Problem solved.
;)

Teresa

This makes me S-I-C-K!
The real cost and why we can't afford Health Care for Americans.
Hard nosed as it seems to some... I still say we HAVE GOT to close the borders.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk