KNIGHT, Winford Frank - b. October 11, 1921 - d. April 2, 2007

Started by Janet Harrington, April 06, 2007, 04:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the funeral memorial bulletin)

In Loving Memory of Winford Knight

Winford Frank Knight passed away on Monday, April 2, 2007 at the Howard Twilight Manor in Howard, Kansas.  He was 85 years of age.  Winford was born on October 11, 1921 at Fall River, Kansas to Frank VanBeaurn and Lillie Mae (Wormington) Knight.  He attended school and grew up in the Severy and Fall River area.

On August 27, 1942, he entered the United States Army and served in the Pacific Theater during World War II.  After receiving an honorable discharge in 1945, Winford made his home in Idaho where he remained for more than fifty years.  He was employed as a heavy equipment mechanic during most of his life.  During the last six years. Winford returned to Kansas and lived in the Moline and Howard communities.

He enjoyed the outdorrs and was an avid hunter and fisherman.  Winford was a member of the Disabled American Veterans and attended the Severy Baptist Church in Severy, Kansas.

He is survived by two daughters, Sharon Lane of Twin Falls, Idaho and Bernice "Cookie" Hase of idaho, and two sisters, Berthia Baumgartel and Bonita Ramsey, both of Howard.  He was preceded in death byi his parents, three brothers, ERnie, Cleve and Floyd, and one sister, Bernice Fiscus.

Graveside services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 6, 2007 at the Moline Cemetery in Moline, Kansas with Rev. tony Pameticky of the Severy Baptist Church officiating.  A recording will be played of "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler.  Military funeral honors will be conducted by American legion Carter-Rader Post #149 of Howard.  Visitation will be held at the fuenral home from 1:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5, 2007.  A memorial has been established with the Severy Baptist Church.  Contributions may be left with the funeral home.  The funeral arrangements are being made with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard.

"I'm Free"

Don't cry for me, for now I'm free.
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took his hand when I heard Him call.
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to cry, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found that peace, at the end of day,
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Oh yes, these things, I too, will miss.
My life's been full, I've savored much,
Good friends, goo times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps to you, my time was brief,
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me.
God wanted me home.  He set me free.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk