Moline Cemetery Map online now

Started by LisaT, March 30, 2007, 02:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaT

I have gotten the Moline Cemetery map done finally. I need to walk the north end and make sure everyone is in the right spot. You can go to http://www.sktc.net/~molinecity/map.htm
If you see any errors let me know. I have tried to get it the best I can. I know there are several graves that the stones are unreadable or gone or not even there. I have no idea about those so if you do let me know please.
Lisa

genealogynut

Lisa, I want you to know that all your hard work, efforts, and time spent on that project, are much appreciated by me.  As I know that project, was not done over night. Those that will be researching that area will have it a little easier now.  Thanks, Lisa!

Janet Harrington

Oh, Weesa, you are so good.  Thank you.

W. Gray

I have never seen that type of layout before--cool.

It looks very good and you must have spent a good amount of time.

I eye-balled several times and may be just overlooking the name, but I thought James F. Chapman, one of the founders of Moline, was buried in the Moline Cemetery. I don't seem to see hiis name.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

genealogynut

Waldo, in checking the Moline cemetery transcriptions online thru the Elk County genweb page, James Chapman is listed as being buried in the Moline cemetery.  The dates given are b. April 6, 1826- d. July 25, 1903.  It could  be that his stone is not longer readable, or has been vandalized.

ddurbin

The Chapmans, James and Joanna, are in the Moline North section, block 404.  James' stone is damaged, the top portion is 'broken' off and sits beside the base.  Hard to say whether it was vandalism or simply broke over due to age.

Mom70x7

How absolutely cool!!!

Thank you soooo much!!

LisaT

Ok you guys had me going there for a bit. I thought I had missed someone. But yes they are on the map (the Chapman's) in block 379 actually. I have pictures of their stones. James' is broken and laying on it's side on top of the base and her's is there too. I'm glad someone is looking at this stuff. That layout is what I designed on Excel, when I went to map it and thought it would work fine for online too. Hopefully someone will find their loved one missing from the map and help me to fill in the blanks. I did have a lady email me and tell me of one already. The whole family has headstones except the father and there was no indication of anyone else being buried there. So I am very glad that I got that info. As for the time yes I have spent some time out there but its not like I had to travel very far LOL. Since I live next door. hehe.
Keep the info coming everyone.

LisaT

Thank goodness for friends and family. Dan has pointed out that the North Moline cemetery map didn't have the plot numbers at the top. Well there were several that aren't usable because of the road and I hid that on my map. I did't realize that it hid the top row of plot numbers. But rest assured I will fix that and please note that all plot numbers are on the top of each box and not the bottom.

LisaT

Just a map help note. If you look at the map and it doesn't look right just hold down the control key and hit the minus button at the same time and it should right itself. Or you can hold down the control key and roll down the mouse scroll wheel if you have one either one works.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk