KSU FANS

Started by bowie boy, March 12, 2007, 08:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of the people are on the forum?

ksu fan
7 (43.8%)
ku fan
7 (43.8%)
other
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: April 01, 2007, 08:48:24 AM

LShortt

The "boys" are playing fine fine basketball.  They have an excellent chance to go all the way.  The "nail biting" begins next weekend.  Finally they will be playing a team a bit more in line...well, at least Southern Illinois is ranked #4.

Living in the land of hard core hockey fans, it has been fun enlightening my coworkers to the finer elements of basketball this season.  And even better, my Canadian husband who cut his baby teeth on a hockey stick, has watched MORE college basketball this season than he has hockey.  He is the one that programs our TV around the KU games that we can catch here.  I just love it.

And on a hockey note....The Wichita Thunder hockey team, the head coach (Mark French) is from Milton, Ontario...which is where I live.  I found that rather comforting, a form of foreign exchange program....1 hockey coach for one small Kansas girl.

Wilma

KSU is playing now on ESPN.  Holding their own as of now.

emptynest

I just happened to be in Lawrence late last night and driving around the KU campus when the KU basketball players were to arrive back from Chicago.  Unbelievable---the activity there waiting for them to arrive!   Then late this morning, I was having breakfast with my son at IHOP and there was Mario Chalmers!!!!  I just couldn't quit staring----and my pancakes tasted even better as I saw him stand up!  Corey, of course, had guts enough to get his KU cap signed---I just stood there with boysenberry syrup dripping from my mouth! 

LShortt

Good for Corey!!!! 
I'm jealous.  ;)

Janet Harrington

[quote  I just couldn't quit staring----and my pancakes tasted even better as I saw him stand up!  Corey, of course, had guts enough to get his KU cap signed---I just stood there with boysenberry syrup dripping from my mouth! 
[/quote]

I just can't imagine the excitement you felt seeing that KU player.  One time Jim and I were at Town East Mall and saw some very tall basketball players that had come to Wichita to play WSU.  I can't remember what school they were from, but all I could do was stare. 

I always complain about being short, but I sure don't hit my head on door frames.  ha ha

LShortt

KU - 71

Southern Illinois - 68

GO JAYHAWKS

Dee Gee

Made it to the ELITE 8.  Next the BIG FOUR.
Get them Hawks.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

emptynest

Saw my IHOP boy---Mario Chalmers----doing his usualy good playing except his free-throw shots weren't too impressive.  Good game---but cutting it a little too close.   Next game: Saturday---not sure what time.

Wilma

I think I heard them say 6:00.  I am sure it will be announced over and over again.  Sure don't want to miss it. 

LShortt

Well...it was sweet while it lasted!!  sigh sigh
Now...just have to shift gears, cross my fingers and cheer for whoever ends up
playing Florida.  Florida bugs me!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk