Depression Days

Started by Teresa, March 11, 2005, 02:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Relating back to my#31 and 33, I'd have to choose running water. I think I could manage like the Amish do. The way things are going we might do well to take lessons from them...no electric of any kind ...they do amazing things with wind and water power, even have kerosene refrigerators.

Rhonda

I too choose running water.

Rhonda

When my oldest daughter was in high school one of her friends was at our house when I was peeling potatoes for supper.  She wanted to know what I was doing.  When I told her she just looked baffled, she said she thought potatoes came from a box.  She'd never had "real" mashed potatoes.

Joanna

I know I'm spoiled with modern convenience, and I like it that way! ;D  If I had to choose only one though, I would choose indoor plumbing.  I'd sorely miss all the others, but having fresh clean water at the tap and a working toilet are just about essential to my health & happiness.

Teresa

Running water..and lots of it.

I can squat outside ..I can light candles or an oil lamp.. I can chop wood to keep warm..and I can cook on wood...and I can do without the other stuff..
but not I repeat.. not running water...and lots of it..
( I have to be clean)  :)

I had to haul water by hand to use for several months and had no modern conveniences at all in a  house I that I lived in, in the country ...other than electricity. No indoor bathroom and a kitchen that only had a hand pump at the sink that was fixed up to come from the well on the back porch.

None of that bothered me.. other than hauling kettles of water in ..heating them on the gas stove..and pouring them into a tub we would drag into the kitchen every evening  to take baths.
I had the boys and 2 adults to take baths every night this way.
No thanks.!
I want my running water!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I'm right there with you guys.  I can take on anything, once I've had my morning shower.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk