Removed.

Started by Marcia Moore, February 19, 2007, 12:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Hunter

A couple of the tornadoes in the 60's happened South of Howard.   I don't remember when they occured, but one Saturday night our house I believe was jumped by one.   The sound was just like when Guy Denton used to buzz our place (noise and windows shaking).   It never occured to us to ask what Guy would have been doing flying that close to the ground on such a stormy night.
     Another one followed the Elk River and did some damage at Dave Majors place, and then continued over to where JC Wiseman was living on the lake road.   I remember that it took the West and North sides and part of the roof off their house, and if I remember correctly it did not wake anyone up.   Can't remember any other damage, but I am sure there was some.
     One that I am sure did not make any lists happened one evening when Mom and I were headed for the dairy barn.   I remember that the wind got strong and blew so much dust that we had to hold onto the barbed wire fence and shut our eyes.    When it was over we went and milked some fairly spooky cows.    Brother Scott was working ground out at the Boston place (5 miles East on the Busby road) and when he came in he talked about seeing a tornado that looked like it jumped Howard.   I don't think I ever heard of any damage from that one, so it must have gone back into the clouds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk