Old Pictures and Uniforms

Started by Jim, February 15, 2007, 08:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Jim,

We will do some looking for Jim's pictures from Grenola.  You might also talk to Les Davis.  Don't know where he lives now, but he was Jim's football coach when Jim played football.

As for getting hold of Conard, yes, he was on the second undefeated team of North Elk.  Not Howard.  Conard went to Severy with me.  Anyway, in North Elk, 1971 was undefeated with a tie in the last game.  1972 was undefeated, no ties.  Just undefeated.  There ya go.

genealogynut

Les Davis lives north of Sedan.  He built a new home and remarried abt. 1- 1/2 years ago. He is also retired now, and enjoying it!!!!

Mom70x7

QuoteOr maybe we could promise to not use it for a charity event and raise more money.

That's really kind of a good idea. My Jim received an invitation a couple of months ago for a Phantom Ball - you bought the tickets (donated) and didn't show up.

So . . . we could have a Non-Concert concert !  ???  :D  ???  :D

Wilma

What could be simpler?  Now for what or whose benefit should we promise to not have Ms. T and Janet do a show.

Teresa

I can not believe that you all are SOOOOO insensitive to poor Ta Ta and me.
I mean really now... we are just 2 innocent females who have multi talents..( well at least "I" do)  that are trying to help out the community...

If we decide that we want to have a "concert" to bring in $$$.. and when we become rich and famous...you all will be so sorry that you weren't nice..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

Ahhh, Teresa - you've got it wrong.  :( :(

We're saying your NAME recognition is soooo good it would raise money by itself, without you guys ever having to play a note -

It's your NAME that's valuable!  :) :) :)

Wilma

Atta boy, Mom.  That's a good save.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on February 17, 2007, 06:10:19 PM
I can not believe that you all are SOOOOO insensitive to poor Ta Ta and me.
I mean really now... we are just 2 innocent females who have multi talents..( well at least "I" do)  that are trying to help out the community...

If we decide that we want to have a "concert" to bring in $$$.. and when we become rich and famous...you all will be so sorry that you weren't nice..

YEAH!!!! :P :P :P

emptynest

Jim,

As for the first couple of years of West Elk history (1974-76), you might be able to get quite a few pictures by talking to Neal and Phyllis Osborn in Elk Falls, as both their sons played and were starters.  They both went on to play college ball, too, I believe.  As for Moline High School way, way, back in the 50's, talk to Pat McAlister. I remember seeing a scrapbook at a class reunion of my husband's (he was a football hero there) and there were football team pictures.  I will look through some of his old stuff and see if I can come up with anything.  I do have a pair of silk/satin basketball shorts that he wore that were dangerously short---and the blue letter "M" from a letter jacket.  I'll keep thinking about who else might have some cool things.  Oh, and I think I can get my hands on an old Howard Pirate garment bag they used to carry uniforms in to games. 

As for the pictures of old alumni's in their various uniforms and get-ups......I think I could help out in that department, but Janet and Teresa, I don't think we should reveal anything unless the $$$$ is right!  And have you given thought to a community calendar.....I would like to have dibs on being the October page.

Janet Harrington

And I would have to be the December uniform.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk