My Mother The Inventor

Started by Janet Harrington, February 11, 2007, 06:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

My Mother, Wilma, is an inventor.  Here are images of her latest invention that sprang to life via Jon Morris, the son of Ruth Morris, Howard.  Jon does handyman work and has done quite a bit for Mother and does a really good job.

Janet Harrington

More of Mother's invention.  Mother had Jon make her a drop leaf table that attached to her cabinet.  That gives mother the right height to do things in the kitchen.

Janet Harrington

I'm going to try and finish this topic with two more pictures.

Janet Harrington

One more picture.

Janet Harrington

Got one more.  This one shows how Mother had to work prior to having the drop leaf.

Wilma

I have one more addition to the drop leaf that Jon doesn't know about yet.  I want a magazine style rack above the drop leaf to hold pretty potholders, etc. and to cover the top of the drop leaf when it is dropped.

Jane

Wilma, I am sure this makes it easier for you to do a lot of things. Is it strong enough to but your sewing machine on? You are quite the thinker.

Army Mom

hhjacobs

I'll bet your arms are proud of you thinking that up!! My that would have been so uncomfortabe to have to reach so high. Necessity is the mother of invention!!!
Marjean

Wilma

Thank you, girls.  I am pleased that one of my ideas worked.

Army Mom, my sewing machine is a cabinet model that I have had for 50 years and still use.  It isn't a Singer but is just as good.  No, I don't think the drop leaf would hold a portable sewing machine and I doubt if I could lift it up there if it would.

And, Marjean, laziness is also the mother of invention.  If I weren't lazy I wouldn't feel the need to make things easier.  I told Jon of the rack I want above the leaf and he is going to start on it.  I am anxious to get it, too, as I have some pretty potholders that I don't want to hide away and I don't like hanging them on a wall.  If I used a cook book, it could also rest in the rack.

Mom70x7

How creative!  :)

And . . . what good pictures - they show the need and the result clearly.

I really enjoy photography, miss the versatility of the 35mm but VERY much like the ease and speed of digital cameras. Nice job!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk