VAN BUSKIRK, Betty May (Signer) - b. August 3, 1930 - d. January 20, 2016

Started by patyrn, January 23, 2016, 11:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Betty May (Signer) Van Buskirk, 85, a longtime resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away January 20, 2016 at the Eureka Nursing Center in Eureka, Kansas.  She was born on August 3, 1930 to Frank and Hazel Signer.

On July 11, 1948, Betty was united in marriage to Bobby Earl Van Buskirk at the Signer Farm near Howard, Kansas.  She stayed in Howard while Bobby served in the Korean War and was a telephone operator.  She was a member of the Howard United Methodist Church, American Legion Auxiliary, and Avon President's Club.  Betty was the local Avon Lady in Howard for many, many years.

Betty is survived by her sister, Arletta Posch of Wichita, Kansas; her son, Thomas Van Buskirk of Arvada, Colorado; her daughter, Charla Kitchersid of Doniphan, Missouri; 3 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; and 1 great-grandchild.  She was preceded in death by her husband, Bobby Earl; her parents, Frank and Hazel Signer; 3 brothers, Eugene, Frank Junior, and Donald; and her grandson, Aaron Zellner.

Funeral services will be held Monday, January 25, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. at the United Methodist Church in Howard, Kansas.  Visitation will be held Sunday, January 24, 2016.  Family suggests memorials to the United Methodist Church of Howard.  Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349 is in charge of arrangements.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

Sorry to hear that Betty had Passed Away,I grew up about 3 Blocks from Betty and Bobby Earl.  They Built a new house behind his parents house, I am sure that Buck and Edith Really  enjoyed having them that close, so they could enjoy their Grandchildren. It has been a long time but I think Edith and Betty were both Telephone Operators. I think that Buck and  Bobby Earl were both Electricians, but I don't remember where they worked. When Myrna's Mother was in the Nursing Home, Bobbie Earl and Betty were both there. Now they are back together in Heaven.

patyrn

Frank, I know Bobby Earl worked for Southwestern Bell, probably for his entire career, and I'm not sure but maybe his dad did too.  His mom  was Eda, and she was a telephone operator for many, many years.  Another generation of hometown families passed away......

frawin

Thanks Karen you are right, Earl "Buck" and Bobbie Earl Both worked for Bell Telephone as did Eda and Betty. My how time flies, Myrna and I left Howard 50+ years ago. When I was growing up in Howard there were several Van Buskirk Families, there Earl, "Buck", Jack, he lived across the street from Buck, Charlie "Chi" he and "Aunt Georgia, they lived across the street from us, they were like Family. If my Mom left Clothes Drying on the Clothes Line and it started Raing she would go and take them in for Mom. If I had a big date on Saturday Night and needed some  Jeans Ironed I would run them across the Street to Aunt Georgia, she would Iron them and bring them back to me. Every year for my Birthday she would Bake me a German Chcolate Cake, she was family, we all loved her so much.Harvey "Harve" he worked at John West Grocery, Hal Dean Weigand's Mother was a Van Buskirk! As was Eunice Townsley. The sad part is that all of these people have passed on.

Lucille M. Wene

I grew up in howard, and graduated from high school in 1962. Eunice townsley was my mother. I was related to all the people you mentioned. lucille

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk