Better Fill Ip Today

Started by frawin, November 07, 2015, 06:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

$1.64 in Parsons---$1.67 in Coffeyville

frawin

I Bought gas here today, paid $1.86 December Crude is at $42.87, up $1.12 on the day. Phillips Crude Oil posting for Today is $39.66, the Posting on 11-1 was $43.21 , the market Gurus are Predicting $43 to $44 Crude in the Near future. In my opinion the Saudis can still control World Crude oil Markets.

redcliffsw

Today, I got gasoline on the west side of Garden City for $1.429.  Somebody said it was around $1.60 on the east side of Garden City.

Looks like Kansas Common oil is about $27.50

https://www.coffeyvillecrude.com/CVRCrude/showPriceBulletins.do

jarhead

Cheapest gas price in the nation is $1.31 in Garden City, Ks

frawin

Jar you probably remember the days when Gas was 17 Cents a gallon. I do, it was in the mid 50s. I had an old 49 Dodge and I would pull into Ed Henry's Station and buy 50 Cents worth of Gas if I had lots of money I would buy a dollars worth. In my young life I have seen Gasoline as low as 17Cents and as high as somewhere around $4.00 a gallon. When I went to work for Phillips in Bartlesville Crude Oil at the lease was $2.70 a barrel I have seen it all the way up to $150.00 a Barrel. When I went to Midland Texas in 1980 as Crude Oil Supply Director over West Texas, North Texas and New Mexico, Jimmy Carter was President and Oil was $39.00 a Barrel, then Ronald Reagan was Elected President and Oil went down to the $9.00 range. Then in 1993 Bill Clinton was Elected and Oil went over a $150.00 a Barrel. The main reason Oil is down now is because the Saudis are Flooding the US market to Drive the Oil price down to Slow US drilling activity so they can sell their Oil in the US Markets. When it comes to the Oil Market the Saudis get what they want, they have probably the biggest Oil Reserves in the World, and are the biggest Producer. President OBUMA will probably try to take Credit for getting Oil prices down to their Current Levels. I like most Americans like lower Energy Prices, but it is with mixed emotions as I still market a lot of Oil and Natural Gas in West Texas. Well all of that is my opinion on Today's Oil Prices. Good Night All, and a Merry Christmas and the best of everything in the Coming Year.

jarhead

Jar you probably remember the days when Gas was 17 Cents a gallon.

What ?? Why you old codger, why would you think a young pup like me would remember gas being that cheap ? The only gas I was buying in the 50's was a half gallon at a time to mow yards. If I remember right though, gas would get down to low 20's when there was a "gas war" when my dad built the Circle In in Elk Falls in the mid 60's. Sold good ol APCO gas.

frawin

Jar, I bought Gas from the Station on the Highway at Elk Falls.  I had a 2 Ton truck and Hauled Hay for People, I had a Popup Loader, Myrna would Drive the Truck, I would Stack the Bales and Myrna's Great Aunt Pearl Green would ride in the Truck with Myrna, she was a Hoot. Those were the Good Old Days, we didn't have much money but we had lots of fun. 

redcliffsw

Yesterday, we were talking about the Pop-up Hay Loader.  In my opinion, it was the best. 

flintauqua

Only used a pop-up once or twice, was not overly impressed, but it was better than the ferris wheel style.  Nearly every bale I and my crew handled came up a slant loader. 
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

frawin

Flint, it beats throwing the Bales up on a Truck or Trailer for someone to Stack. Even worse is throwing them up on a 2 Ton Truck like I had. I did that a few times to, and that is why I have had 3 Back Sutgeries.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk