A Literate American: Home Brew . . .

Started by redcliffsw, November 07, 2015, 06:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

She had made the connection. Everybody has. You just can't say it or don't want to admit it. You can't criticize the blacks, because den you be ray cyst, so you can't criticize the whites, who aren't all that much better, so you have protected, unionized mediocrity at best and often way worse who, lacking  the intelligence, education, or culture to value actual learning, instead play psychobabble feel-good games. A country deserves what it tolerates.
-Fred Reed

Read on:
http://fredoneverything.org/a-literate-american-home-brew/

Diane Amberg

Once again, the skin color comes first before the rest of the person is even noticed.
That is so sad and "antique." Why do these people live so far in the past? Must they always have someone to look down on because they are so insecure?
In my world, if I have to judge at all, the actions are judged first. There are bad people who do bad things, who happen to be black, white ,Methodist, Catholic, and have blue eyes or brown eyes and are tall or short, male or female, etc.The same can be said of very good people.Their attitudes and actions should be judged first. IMHO!

redcliffsw

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 07, 2015, 09:05:21 AM
Once again, the skin color comes first before the rest of the person is even noticed.
That is so sad and "antique." Why do these people live so far in the past? Must they always have someone to look down on because they are so insecure?
In my world, if I have to judge at all, the actions are judged first. There are bad people who do bad things, who happen to be black, white ,Methodist, Catholic, and have blue eyes or brown eyes and are tall or short, male or female, etc.The same can be said of very good people.Their attitudes and actions should be judged first. IMHO!

So is one racist if you think that he notices skin color first?

Why can you say that you're not a racist?

Diane Amberg

I certainly try not to be.When we are putting out a fire or taking care of an injured person, their needs come first,not their color. By the way, most of the drunks I've cared for who caused car accidents were good ole' American Caucasian!
Noticing is normal,but if one's actions or opinions change just because of it, that's racist and prejudicial.
Being a college town, even our few robberies and break-ins tend to be a mixed bag,usually not locals.
  We are having a big heroin crisis here, again, a mixed group.
Fortunately we have a lot of nice, well educated middle class folks here who are"noncaucasian." Teachers, docs, nurses, mail carriers,researchers, shop owners and workers in retail, and most anything you can think of.They too get angry at the "minority of the minority" that are human waste and make all look bad in the eyes of already narrow minded people.
Personally, I tend to be prejudiced against healthy, normal people who waste their opportunities and act "entitled" to things, and I don't care what their skin color is.

redcliffsw

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk