Breaking News........

Started by genealogynut, January 31, 2007, 11:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

This really is better than other news medias.  With me as anchor, Lois as reporter and Mom70X7 as photographer, we should get an award of some kind.

genealogynut

:laugh: Do you think we could get the Pu-ul-l-itzer Award? :laugh:  Don and I had a laugh out of your posting.

Wilma

genealogynut

Independence Reporter
February 1, 2007

TANKER TRUCK OVERTURNS IN ELK COUNTY

The Kansas Highway Patrol investigated an accident involving a tanker truck that rolled over on Highway 99 in Howard in Elk County Wednesday.

A 1998 Kenworth tractor owned by Murphy Oil Company of Moline and driven by Kevin Tastove, 43, of Cottonwood Falls, was hauling diesel fuel and reportedly returning to the Moline area from El Dorado at about 11 a.m. when the truck overturned because of the slick roadways, according to the KHP Tastove reported that a car in front of him was slowing to turn and he was unable to stop in time, causing him to go off into the ditch and overturn.

There was "minimal leakage" from the tanker, according to Trooper Kelly McIntosh, and another truck was called in to pump off the diesel fuel before it was righted and hauled away by Daves Wrecker Service.

There were no injuries.

Teresa

You 3 ladies are just the Cats Meow!
WOW~~~ This is better than FOX  NEWS! :o

I think I'm going to set back and see what other news you 3 can come up with..
Ok...
I'm ready...............
BRING IT ON~
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Mom70x7

Okay - search for some news for me. It's too late for pictures, but I'd like to know if the story is true . . .

A hay bale fell off a (tractor? trailer? wagon? ???) on Highway 400 Wednesday. They weren't able to get the bale back on (the vehicle it fell from  ???), so the bale of hay was set on fire.

True? I heard it from a secretary who heard it from a friend who heard it from a driver.  :-\

Wilma

Do you know about where this happened?  I can have my daughter watch for any signs of it when she comes out Sat.

Janet Harrington

I had not heard that or seen anything like that.  It is doubtful that they would set the hay on fire as it takes a long, long time for hay bales to burn.  If they couldn't get it back on they would roll it off into the ditch or maybe sell it to a farmer who could pick it up with a stabber thing. How's that for knowing what to call stuff???

genealogynut

Don & I didn't recall of hearing anything about that on our scanner radio,either,  and I quickly searched on the internet, and in a couple of newspapers, and found nothing. If that did actually happen, it must not have been very newsworthy.

Mom70x7

Thanks, super reporters  :angel:, for checking it out.

It would have been absolutely funny if it were true. Very, very Kansan. I wanted to rush right out and take a picture of the burning bale - or the remains - but I didn't know where it happened, either, other than on Highway 400.

Oh well . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk