Country roads

Started by indygal, January 28, 2007, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

To add to what Frank just posted, the Elk County History  book shows a picture of that house and states that it was "built by a stonemason in the late 1800's as a gift to his daughter".  The story I remember was that it was her father who built it.  It is said that he (her father) lived  a mile east her there.

Even though I grew up a few miles west of there, I don't remember the people personally.

Myrna

Wilma

We would drive that road sometimes, stop and see Irene for a bit, then go on over to Rd. 9 and Quail.  Or do it the other way around.  Now I don't have any reason to go either way.  I liked it though because you never knew what might be on the other side of a hill.

Janet Harrington

I have never heard the hill out by the Green Ranch called "Jesus Hill".  I can't remember what we named the road, but the road will take you to Latham.  I always love to come back to Elk County that way.  Kyle Wham grew up on the Green Ranch and on a clear day, you could see the Howard water tower and the courthouse tower.  It is not a good road, but it is fun to travel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk