Southern Poverty Law Center And The Dept. Of Homeland Security

Started by redcliffsw, March 01, 2015, 07:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

May I remind you that the tanks that ran over the student protesters in Tiananmen Square in Communist China were also protecting the STATE against its enemies.

I fear that if private groups with their own political agendas, like the SPLC, are allowed to continue feeding their own brand of hatred into the policies of DHS then such a comparison with China is not too far off. I don't think that is the America each of you pledged to serve.
-Tom Deweese

Read on:
http://www.newswithviews.com/DeWeese/tom258.htm

Diane Amberg

Perhaps rewriting history again? What tanks ran over whom? I sure didn't see any.In 1989 I saw the same footage of the young man who stepped out and stopped the line of tanks that everyone saw. Please validate your statement in case I missed something.

Ross

No one seems to be certain what happened to tankman.

However the tanks were used:

Diane nobody witnessed everything that went on during those two days. They only saw what communist China wanted them to see. To wit:

The Chinese government condemned the protests as a "counter-revolutionary riot", and has prohibited all forms of discussion or remembrance of the events since.[5][6] Due to the lack of information from China, many aspects of the events remain unknown or unconfirmed. Estimates of the death toll range from a few hundred to a few thousand.[7]

The crackdown that initiated on June 3–4 became known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre or the June 4 Massacre as troops with assault rifles and tanks inflicted casualties on unarmed civilians trying to block the military's advance towards Tiananmen Square in the heart of Beijing, which student and other demonstrators had occupied for seven weeks. The scale of military mobilization and the resulting bloodshed were unprecedented in the history of Beijing, a city with a rich tradition of popular protests in the 20th century.[4]

Rewriting history, I don't think so.

It's been my pleasure to help out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

redcliffsw

Diane, please read the article so that you can criticize it more fully.  Let's hear what you really have to say.

Diane Amberg

I already said what I really had to say.There were no deaths associated with running people down with tanks in the square. The so called "tank man" was later arrested and was kept for a period of time and then released because of the publicity.
As far as only showing what the Gov't approved, then why would we have ever seen "tank man?" That footage was very embarrassing for the Chinese Gov't. The tank driver in the front of the line blinked and that wasn't tolerated. He paid dearly for it. As for deaths during the uprising in general ,yes, there were many. We have always known that. There were also kidnappings and the disappearance of people who were never  later accounted for.Those incidents just didn't happen on the square. Enough said about that.

jarhead

Diane,
Why is it that we of Elk county didn't know horse crap from hog jowls about the new black panthers being accused of voter intimidation in Pa because it didn't happen in a state bordering us and we only saw what the media showed on TV----BUT---you can unequivocally say that a tank didn't run over and kill anyone because you didn't see it on TV ? Oh wait---on March 1st you said "you didn't see any " You didn't happen to be there that day eating a big platter of mountain oysters at Won Hung Low's on the east side of the square, were you ? I thought I saw you but you looked much younger back then. :angel:

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 03, 2015, 10:01:36 AM
I already said what I really had to say.There were no deaths associated with running people down with tanks in the square. The so called "tank man" was later arrested and was kept for a period of time and then released because of the publicity.
As far as only showing what the Gov't approved, then why would we have ever seen "tank man?" That footage was very embarrassing for the Chinese Gov't. The tank driver in the front of the line blinked and that wasn't tolerated. He paid dearly for it. As for deaths during the uprising in general ,yes, there were many. We have always known that. There were also kidnappings and the disappearance of people who were never  later accounted for.Those incidents just didn't happen on the square. Enough said about that.

Diane I documented what I posted, I made none of it up.

Can you say the same thing?

Can you provide documentation?

Diane Amberg

Ross, don't make a big deal of this. I could quote the article you provided.It's all there, including the statement that nobody was killed on the square.  It's actually a well written article. It would be good for people who are too young to remember it " live."
I didn't have cable back then, nor were there all the all the hissy- fit, pot stirring people trying to make a name ( and big bucks) for themselves back in 1989. I saw it on TV, on the same news programs that everyone else saw....on my black and white TV with all 13 channels! We hadn't gotten a color set yet.   
  Jar, you are trying too hard. Don't pop a blood vessel trying get at me This has nothing to do with the black panthers many years ago. Why bring that up? I will always stand by what I said then. You simply didn't have the information available that I did. I don't know why you are still stuck on that. Let it go!  There has been an entire election cycle since then,with no Black Panthers hogging the spotlight here or college kids with cameras trying to instigate trouble with folk who just might have been willing to provide some had the police not kept a lid on things. You have notebooks and are keeping score? That's very funny. Take your own advice and put those big boy chaps on. None of my comments were aimed at you and I didn't see anyone whining for your protection.
Now go have a nice glass of your home made beebleberry wine and watch one of the endless hunting and fishing shows on TV.(poke,poke)

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 03, 2015, 07:18:24 PM
Ross, don't make a big deal of this. I could quote the article you provided.It's all there, including the statement that nobody was killed on the square.  It's actually a well written article. It would be good for people who are too young to remember it " live."
I didn't have cable back then, nor were there all the all the hissy- fit, pot stirring people trying to make a name ( and big bucks) for themselves back in 1989. I saw it on TV, on the same news programs that everyone else saw....on my black and white TV with all 13 channels! We hadn't gotten a color set yet.   
  Jar, you are trying too hard. Don't pop a blood vessel trying get at me This has nothing to do with the black panthers many years ago. Why bring that up? I will always stand by what I said then. You simply didn't have the information available that I did. I don't know why you are still stuck on that. Let it go!  There has been an entire election cycle since then,with no Black Panthers hogging the spotlight here or college kids with cameras trying to instigate trouble with folk who just might have been willing to provide some had the police not kept a lid on things. You have notebooks and are keeping score? That's very funny. Take your own advice and put those big boy chaps on. None of my comments were aimed at you and I didn't see anyone whining for your protection.
Now go have a nice glass of your home made beebleberry wine and watch one of the endless hunting and fishing shows on TV.(poke,poke)

WOW !               Who made a big deal out of it?
You did!             You, who knows all because of a degree of some sort!
You did!             Accusing someone of re-writing history.
You did!             As in most of your posts.
You did!             by calling people names.
You did!             Without being to document your statements with the exception of a worn out degree in                                                       
something. Was that arrogant ignorance?

OH WHAT FUN YOU ARE.

ROFLMAO

jarhead

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk