Carved Kitchen Utensils

Started by Ms Bear, January 06, 2007, 06:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

Isn't that kind of like fried green tomatoes?  I don't like them but my kids have always loved them.

Hope it isn't to cold and nasty there.  Raining just enough here to keep me from hanging my laundry but might get nasty by tomorrow afternoon.

Janet Harrington

Oh, Ms Bear.  We are all staying inside because it is cold and nasty here.  It has sleeted since yesterday, (Friday), and the weatherman says that we have about an inch of sleet.  It is not hanging on the power lines because it isn't rain, which is a good thing.  Jim and I have not been out today, but we are going to bundle up in a little to pick up Mother's mail and get our own.  Then we will just hunker down some more, keep the fire place burning and saty warm.  The temp at the moment is 22 degrees outside.  I don't know what the wind chill is.  I'm just so thankful that we aren't getting what western Kansas, Colorado and Nebraska last week.  They are still trying to get out and get electricty.

Ms Bear

It is short sleeve weather here, misting just enough to make the roads slippery.  In Houston all it takes for slippery streets is two drops of rain, warm or cold.  We are supposed to have sleet and cold by tomorrow afternoon.

My kids are in NW Arkansas and one of them has a fireplace and still has power, two of them have lost power and haven't heard from the fourth yet.

I can't imagine trying to survive for more than a day or two.  I think the most we have had really cold weather here was only three or four days and then it was over.  We still had the fireplace then, I do have a propane heater for a backup now.

Hope all of you will stay safe and warm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk