golf carts / Mules / Side by Sides / ATVs

Started by PrehistoricRez, October 28, 2013, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrehistoricRez

Are they legal to drive on the streets?  Just about everyone has one or another or some of each.  Or are they just kind of left alone unless there is a problem?  I was just curious becuase of the arrest made tonight (dont know specifics yet) of a person driving the golf cart.  Someone from the city or county should make a flyer and post it around the town/county on what is allowed and what isnt.  I hope this doesnt stay another selective law that gets enforced.  ie: town clean yard laws, dilapidated property laws, stop sign laws.

upoladeb

i don't understand how they decide what can be drove on the public roads.if you don't have insurance and pay tags and license why should  you be able to drive a motorized vehicle ,there are little half size trucks that don't have the first sign of a tag,wonder if they can get a D.U.I.?

Bullwinkle

I know an old cowboy that got a DUI on his horse.

I've asked this same question many times around town and it seems the city doesn't care if kids go flying around town on ATV's breaking several common driving laws, ie speeding, no lights, not signaling, no child seat, underage, etc. It certainly is not logical to enforce laws on people driving licensed, registered and insured vehicles, yet allow these "other" vehicles a pass. A state trooper should be bound to enforcing the vehicular laws of Kansas regardless of jurisdiction.

oldfart

kid next door to me got a ticket from county cop for crossing highway to go to lake  got a ticket for it   but can run over city streets

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk