Location, location, location

Started by ddurbin, July 28, 2013, 10:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

frawin

Quote from: Wilma on July 29, 2013, 09:15:52 AM
Howard Saddle Club?
In the early 60s Howard had a saddle club, actually that is where I met my wife to be at that time. We performed at Parades, the Longton Fair, the Howard Fair, rode in the Severy Labor Day Parade and other functions. We had a fancy little riding skit we performed at gatherings.

Mongo

Believe it or not I still have my Green vest that everyone  had on while we were preforming. Won't come close to fiting me now. To many years and Hamburgers.
Mongo

frawin

While digging thru some old momentos this morning, I came across these old Howard and Longton  Fair tokens from 1961.I thought some of you might like a copy of them.

frawin

More Centennial tokens from the area.

Janet Harrington

In regards to the state football sign at Grenola, the reason there is one there is because a lot of the boys on the team were from Grenola. I believe the community wanted the sign to be put there to recognize that young men from Grenola had something to do with the team winning the state title. I think it is pretty cool.

Delbert

Grenola was in the school district that won the state title.   Several of the better players lived in Grenola.  It wasn't just a Burden deal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk