A study in American Sheeple... or is that lemmings

Started by Patriot, May 09, 2013, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Quote from: ROSS on May 30, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

Would you try again that was 2010 Blue Ribbon Schools this is 2013.
I do believe they get graded each and every year.

"A school's National Blue Ribbon School status does not "expire." Once a school receives the award, they remain a National Blue Ribbon School for the year they earned the award. They can always refer to their status as a National Blue Ribbon School of that year. "
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on May 31, 2013, 03:56:15 AM

"A school's National Blue Ribbon School status does not "expire." Once a school receives the award, they remain a National Blue Ribbon School for the year they earned the award. They can always refer to their status as a National Blue Ribbon School of that year. "

Okay I'll buy that.
Quote from: ROSS on May 30, 2013, 02:34:53 PM
What didn't you notice I said:
Would you try again that was 2010 Blue Ribbon Schools this is 2013.
I do believe they get graded each and every year.
Even though they are not capable of retaining the status from year to year, and even if they were to get discredited, they could still refer themselves as a Blue Ribbon School.

I really don't find that ethical because, someone new moves to the area and is hoping for a Blue Ribbon School and think they found one only to find out later that the school was a Blue Ribbon School 10 years earlier, but presently having tons of problems. How cool is that? Rather deceptive isn't it.

So Was 2010 the last time they were technically declared a Blue Ribbon School? Meaning did they fail to maintain the standards the following years?
Was it just a one time effort so they could continue calling themselves a Blue Ribbon School?

Oh, never mind it really doesn't matter to me, it is not in Elk County and others have voiced we are off subject. So I am dropping this foolishness.
Sorry about that.

Warph

East St. Louis, Ill. (which is 95% Black) Did A Middle School Drug Sweep
& Finds No Drugs – Except In Security Guard's Car

Police arrested Alvin Golliday at Lincoln Middle School in East St. Louis for peddling dope to kids.

The Belleville News Democrat reported:

A drug sweep at Lincoln Middle School in East St. Louis showed the kids didn't have any drugs, but police said the guy who was supposed to keep them safe was peddling dope at the school.

Security guard Alvin Golliday, 29, of Cahokia, was found to have marijuana in his car when drug investigators with police dogs searched through the school starting at 9 a.m. Friday, police said. He was charged with possession of cannabis with intent to deliver on school grounds.

The sweep was conducted by the St. Clair County Sheriff's Department and the department's Drug Tactical and Street Crimes units. The Belleville Police K-9 union also assisted.

"We want to keep kids in a drug-free environment. We will assist anytime anyone asks," Sheriff Rick Watson said.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk