Power Ups

Started by ddurbin, May 05, 2013, 03:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Yup..good answer. There can be locally acceptable place identification catagories too. Ever hear of Metroform?

flintauqua

An article from Montana discussing how the rural lifestyle is attracting 30 somethings to live in smaller communities.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/montana-s-rural-area-lifestyle-attracting-younger-residents/article_58f3dbf1-046e-549e-b488-c05c3b64249d.html#ixzz2Vr819YxJ

An excerpt:  "When it comes to the reasons 30- to 40-year-olds say they want to move to a rural area, jobs isn't even in the top 10," Winchester said. "Quality of life is No. 1. Others are a slower pace, lower cost of housing, and safety and security. Many of these people are creating their own jobs."
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Diane Amberg

Except after a few years it isn't rural any more...too many people move there and then expect the same services they left behind. We had it happen here too. Middletown,30 min. south of here was advertizing..''Leave the fuss, come visit us'' on their water tower.  People did and they had a hugh growth spurt. Now folks are complaining...what happened to "rural" and the little town? It's still a nice, well planned out town, but much bigger and with all the usual big stores and traffic.  Morning traffic head to work north is awful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk