Main Menu

Bombing

Started by Warph, April 15, 2013, 11:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

UPDATE: 12 Dead, 132 injured in Boston Marathon Bombing

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

BOSTON — More than 130 people were injured today as multiple explosions rocked the Boston Marathon in a "coordinated" terror attack.

Two explosions were detonated at the race's finish line within seconds of each other, beginning at 2:50 p.m. Three other undetonated devices were later discovered by authorities. A federal law enforcement source told The Post there are at least 12 dead and at least 132 people have been treated at seven area hospitals.

***CBS reported that an individual is in custody. He is reportedly cooperative and denies involvement in the attack.

***Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned.

***Law enforcement sources confirmed to The Post that authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds.

Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital.

Fox News reported that the suspect suffered severe burns.

It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.

The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

Breaking:
BOSTON BOMBING UPDATE—–
Federal search warrant is now being executed at 5th floor apt 364 Ocean Ave in Revere, MA – alot of activity, different agencies on scene.
http://www.apartmentcities.com/Massachusetts/Revere_Apartments/ocean_shore_tower/69046/map/
http://www.trulia.com/homes/Massachusetts/Revere/sold/1000033920-364-Ocean-Ave-Revere-MA-02151
https://mobile.twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/323991196043206659

List of people that live Revere apts.:

http://www.addresses.com/addr/364+ocean+ave/revere+ma/p1

Reports are many are muslim that live there.

BREAKING: Federal Agents Raid 5th Floor Apartment in Revere, MA (UPDATED)
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, April 15, 2013, 10:13 PM
Breaking:

BOSTON BOMBING UPDATE—–
Federal search warrant is now being executed at 5th floor apt 364 Ocean Ave in Revere, MA – alot of activity, different agencies on scene.
From internet activist Jester:

364 Ocean Ave, Revere MA – FBI, Homeland Security, ICE, State Police and Bomb squad just made entry to 5th floor apt. Unclear if connected.

The Ocean Shore Tower is located at 354 Ocean Avenue.

Considerably more activity now in the lobby of the 5th floor Revere MA apartment building. More Agents are gathered there.

The Revere Deputy Fire Chief arrives at scene within the last hour:

UPDATE: FOX News just reported on the search at the Revere address.
Jester just posted this... A man in a van was reportedly apprehended...

UPDATE: Via Free Republic: Waters Edge Apartments reviews on this apartment ratings site says its a Section 8 hellhole: broken elevators, Hoes turning tricks, junkies shooting up, rats, filth, no security, robberies, etc. The place is known for not doing credit checks or background verifications on prospective tenants.

UPDATE: FOX News reported there are canine units at the scene in Revere.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Boston cops, feds, descend on Revere buildings

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/boston_cops_feds_descend_on_revere_buildings

By:O'Ryan Johnson

Boston police and a cadre of federal officials descended on an Ocean Avenue apartment complex in Revere last night.

In addition to two Boston Police K-9 units and a bomb squad unit, a large contingent of federal agents from the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, as well as Homeland Security investigations and state police had assembled at the two buildings.

It was unclear whether the search was connected to the Boston Marathon bombings. Tight-lipped agents said nothing to assembled media. Worried building residents said they were left in the dark.

Marcus Worthington, 24, a building resident said no one has told him what was happening.

"I started noticing the cars, the Taurus there and that one about 5," Worthington said. "We were thankful we decide not to go down. It's best not to jump to conclusions."

Worthington's girlfriend Whitney Drake, 24, was concerned.

"It's never a good thing to see all of these agencies. It's more than a local problem," Drake said.

Revere Fire Department engine and ladder arrived with Cataldo Ambulance service arrived about 10:30 p.m.

Officials had no comment when asked by reporters what was happening.

Boston Police Crime Scene Response unit which collects evidence following major crimes arrived and two members of that unit took several brown paper bags, normally used to store evidence taken from the scene, into the building.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Pic Of The Day:
A Message From NY To Boston In Wake Of Terror Attack
Projected On Brooklyn Academy Of Music...

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Arab Spring has started

Deadly wave of bombings across Iraq ahead of elections

Baghdad (CNN) -- A series of bomb blasts across Iraq on Monday killed at least 42 people and wounded more than 257 others, police said.

The attacks took place in at least six provinces: Baghdad, Anbar, Babel, Kirkuk, Salaheddin Diyala, and Nasriya, police officials across the country told CNN.

Two of the bombs exploded at a checkpoint near Baghdad's international airport.

Most of the attacks in Baghdad targeted Shiite areas, police told CNN. Al Qaeda in Iraq, made up of Sunni extremists, has claimed responsibility for many attacks in recent months.

Attacks elsewhere hit security checkpoints, Shiite areas and political offices.

With provincial elections scheduled to take place in five days, ongoing attacks have politicians worried that violence could skew the outcome, if Iraqis who fear attacks on polling centers stay at home.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah Celebrate Boston Terror Attack

And yet Obuma just bypassed Congress to give these same people $500 million in U.S. taxpayer aid.

Members of Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah
were reported to be dancing in the streets of Gaza,
handing out candies to passerbys.

By Israel News Agency Staff

Jerusalem, Israel --- April 15, 2013 ... Shortly after terror bombs exploded and murdered over 12 people at the Boston Marathon, members of Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Hezbollah were reported to be dancing in the streets of Gaza, handing out candies to passerbys.

A number of Palestinians had danced in the street in celebration of the 9/11 attacks in 2001 on the World Trade Center and Washington resulting in the deaths of thousands of Americans.

The head of an Islamic terror organization in Jordan - the Muslim Salafi group says he's "happy to see the horror in America" after the bombing attacks in Boston.

"American blood isn't more precious than Muslim blood," said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaeda-linked plot to attack US and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003.

"Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there," he said today.

A Mideast counterterrorism official based in Jordan said the blasts "carry the hallmark of an organized terrorist group, like al-Qaeda."

The New York Post has reported that at least 12 people are dead and over 100 injured – including up to 15 with amputated limbs – after two bombs ripped through the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Police and FBI were guarding a person of interest at a local hospital, according to a New York Post report confirmed by Fox News. The person, who sources said was 20 years old, had severe burns, but authorities had not determined whether the person was a victim or a perpetrator. Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis said during a press conference that no suspect has yet been charged.

The Boston terror bombings took place just before 3 p.m. and reports of two other unexploded bombs were found near the scene reinforced that this was indeed a terrorist attack. Intelligence officials told The Associated Press two unexploded devices were being dismantled. Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the bloody chaos, while some witnesses reported seeing victims with lost limbs.

"Somebody's leg flew by my head," a spectator, who gave his name as John Ross, told the Boston Herald. "I gave my belt to stop the blood."

The first two bombings occurred at 2:50 p.m. – nearly five hours after the marathon began – about 50 to 100 yards apart, according to Davis. A third explosion occurred near the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in the Columbia Point section of Dorchester, several miles southeast of the marathon's finish line, at around 4:15 p.m. Police could not say if it was related to the earlier explosions.

The FBI, which was treating the bombing as a terrorist investigation, was analyzing video from several area surveillance cameras.

Over twenty-six people were transported to Brigham and Women's Hospital, including a 3-year-old, who was then taken to a children's hospital. A doctor at the hospital said at least two of the patients there are in critical condition and that some have burns and injuries that will likely require amputations.

Witnesses heard booms that sounded like two claps of thunder near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel, according to multiple local reports. The terror attack unfolded as the city marked the 238th annual Patriot's Day, commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.

President Obama said Monday that those responsible will "feel the full weight of justice." The President assured that the administration is mobilizing its "full resources" to help investigate and provide security.

The President addressed the US from the White House briefing room just hours after the bombing attacks in Boston.
Obama has been in contact with Massachusetts officials regarding the fatal terror attack and has directed his administration to provide "whatever assistance is necessary."

A White House official said the president called Boston Mayor Tom Menino and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick earlier Monday to "express his concern for those who were injured and to make clear that his administration is ready to provide needed support as they respond to the incident."

Obama was briefed by Homeland Security adviser Lisa Monaco and other members of his senior staff Monday afternoon, as well as by FBI Director Robert Mueller and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone impacted by this incident in Boston, especially the families and loved ones of those injured," said US Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. "Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies continue to respond, and at the President's direction, the Department of Homeland Security is providing any support necessary in this ongoing investigation. We encourage the public to be vigilant, and to listen to direction from state and local officials."

Officals in Jerusalem expressed regret for the senseless loss of life in Boston and declared that the people of Israel had the people of Boston in their thoughts and prayers. Israel Humanitarian Aid stated that if needed, they would fly to Boston to provide assistance to first responders and the terror victims.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Axelrod On Boston Bombing: "I'm Sure What Was Going Through
The President's Mind Is It Was Tax Day
"

David Axelrod

You can almost hear the left praying it was a McVeigh-type they can try and pin on the right.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/16/axelrod_on_boston_bombings_im_sure_what_was_going_through_the_presidents_mind_is_it_was_tax_day.html

CHUCK TODD: I got that sense that there was this frustration that [President Obama] didn't have more facts at hand and I think, frankly, not just him, talk to those investigators in Boston. Everybody is frustrated at how little it seems is known at this point. And they seem — I was told that the reason he — they debated whether to use certain words. I know that does matter. And that because when the president says terrorist attack, that's a whole lot different than when Dianne Feinstein says it.

DAVID AXELROD: Absolutely. And the word has taken on a different meaning since 9/11. You use those words and it means something very specific in people's minds. And I'm sure what was going through the president's mind is — we really don't know who did this. It was tax day. Is it someone who was pro-[unintelligible]? You just don't know. And so, I think, his attitude is let's not put any inference into this. Let's just make clear that we're going to get the people responsib

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Update: Boston Police Ups Casualties To 176 With 17 In Critical Condition, 3 Deaths

Martin Richard, 8-Year-Old Boy Killed In Boston Terror Bombing

The text messages, too horrible to believe, came as Christina and James Keefe sat with their grown sons at a restaurant in Dorchester. The young men had just run in the Boston Marathon, and were shaken but relieved to have escaped a horrific double-bombing unharmed.

Sneaking glances under the table, James Keefe read the desperate, curt missives from friends and neighbors:

Eight-year-old Martin Richard, son of a well-known, much beloved family of the Dorchester area of Boston, had likely been killed by the bomb that detonated near the marathon's finish line.

His mom, Denise, and his younger sister, Jane, were also seriously hurt.

Local news reports said Denise had undergone emergency surgery, and Jane suffered a grievous injury to her leg.

Christina Keefe described her family as close friends of the Richard family, who live near them in the Ashmont section of Dorchester.

"He was so polite, composed, older than his years really," Christina Keefe said of Martin on Tuesday morning. "I can see him now, holding his mom's arm as she took them on their walks around the neighborhood."

[...]

Second Victim Of Boston Terror Attack Identified As Krystle Campbell

A woman who was at the Boston marathon to cheer on a friend was identified today as the second person to die in the terrorist bombing.

Krystle Campbell, 29, joins Martin Richard, 8, as the two fatalities from the Monday attack. A third person who died in the twin blasts has not yet been identified.

Campbell's parents William Campbell Jr. and Patty Campbell at first thought their daughter's friend had been killed, but later learned that it was their daughter who was the victim, according to ABC News' Boston affiliate WCVB.

The parents discovered their daughter was the one who had died when they were finally allowed to see the patient who had survived.

"I said, 'That's not my daughter. That's Karen! Where's my daughter?'" Patty Campbell told WCVB.

"My daughter was the most lovable girl. She helped everybody and I'm just so shocked right now. We're just devastated," William Campbell Jr.told Yahoo News. "She was a wonderful, wonderful girl. Always willing to lend a hand."

[...}

Third person name withheld until relatives are notified.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

@WHDH-TV 7News Boston

Video shows a bag sitting in front of the metal barriers right at the point of the explosion, in front of the most seriously injured people.

Then it shows a man literally jumping up after the blast and running at a dead run, while others are still apparently stunned. Of course, it might be normal to run. What is perhaps a little unusual is the speed and the fact that he is dressed in black.

The police had been had been asking about a man dressed in black who had been acting suspiciously, by some reports.

[...]

The two bombs that killed three people and injured at least 176 at the Boston Marathon on Monday were made from six-liter pressure cookers crammed with shards of metal, nails and ball bearings and stashed in black backpacks, police sources revealed today.

The cruelly-designed bombs have 'frequently' been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a 2010 Homeland Security Department pamphlet – hinting at the origins of the bombers behind the worst terrorist atrocity in the U.S. since 9/11.

Although no group has yet claimed responsibility for the attacks, similar devices were used in the failed 2010 attempt to bomb Times Square by Faisal Shahzad, who admitted he had undergone bomb-making training at a militant Islamist faction camp in Pakistan.

A pressure-cooker bomb is also a preferred weapon of al-Qaeda and listed as the 'most effective' weapon of jihad, according to an English-language terror magazine called Inspire.

Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., noted today that al-Qaeda's magazine, Inspire, gave instructions on how to make the pressure cooker bombs used in the attack on the Boston Marathon yesterday.

"My understanding is that those pressure cooker-type bombs were described years ago in Inspire, the al-Qaeda magazine," King, chairman of the House Homeland Security subcommittee, told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell, per a rush transcription.

[...]

BOSTON (AP) -- The bombs that ripped through the Boston Marathon crowd appear to have been fashioned out of ordinary kitchen pressure cookers, packed with nails and other fiendishly lethal shrapnel, and hidden in duffel bags left on the ground, investigators and others close to the case said Tuesday.

President Barack Obama branded the attack an act of terrorism, whether carried out by a solo bomber or group, and the FBI vowed to "go to the ends of the Earth" to find out who did it.

Scores of victims remained in Boston hospitals, many with grievous injuries, a day after the twin explosions near the marathon's finish line killed three people, wounded more than 170 and reawakened fears of terrorism. A 9-year-old girl and 10-year-old boy were among 17 victims listed in critical condition.

Officials found that the bombs consisted of explosives put in common 1.6-gallon pressure cookers, one containing shards of metal and ball bearings, the other packed with nails, and both stuffed into duffel bags, said a source close to the investigation who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was still going on.

At a news conference, FBI agent Richard DesLauriers, FBI agent in charge in Boston, confirmed that investigators had found pieces of black nylon from a bag or backpack and fragments of BBs and nails, possibly contained in a pressure cooker. He said the items were sent to the FBI for analysis at Quantico, Va.

Pressure-cooker explosives have been used in international terrorism, and have been recommended for lone-wolf operatives by Al-Qaida's branch in Yemen. But information on how to make the bombs is readily found online, and U.S. officials said Americans should not rush to judgment in linking the attack to overseas terrorists.

The bombs exploded 10 or more seconds apart, tearing off victims' limbs and spattering streets with blood, instantly turning the festive race into a hellish scene of confusion, horror and heroics.

The blasts killed 8-year-old Martin Richard of Boston, 29-year-old Krystle Campbell of Medford, Mass., and a third victim whose name has not been released.

Doctors who treated the wounded corroborated reports that the bombs were packed with shrapnel intended to cause mayhem.

"We've removed BBs and we've removed nails from kids. One of the sickest things for me was just to see nails sticking out of a little girl's body," said Dr. David Mooney, director of the trauma center at Boston Children's Hospital.

At Massachusetts General Hospital, all four amputations performed there were above the knee, with no hope of saving more of the legs, said Dr. George Velmahos, chief of trauma surgery.

"It wasn't a hard decision to make," he said. "We just completed the ugly job that the bomb did."

In the wake of the attack, security was stepped up around the White House and across the country. Police massed at federal buildings and transit centers in the nation's capital, critical response teams deployed in New York City, and security officers with bomb-sniffing dogs spread through Chicago's Union Station.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano urged Americans "to be vigilant and to listen to directions from state and local officials." But she said there was no evidence the bombings were part of a wider plot.

Pressure-cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 intelligence report by the FBI and the Homeland Security Department. One of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the report said.

"Placed carefully, such devices provide little or no indication of an impending attack," the report said.

Investigators said they have not yet determined what was used to set off the Boston explosives. Typically, these bombs have an initiator, switch and explosive charge, according to a 2004 warning from Homeland Security.

"We will go to the ends of the Earth to identify the subject or subjects who are responsible for this despicable crime, and we will do everything we can to bring them to justice," the FBI's DesLauriers said.

The Pakistani Taliban, which claimed responsibility for the 2010 attempt in Times Square, has denied any part in the Boston Marathon attack.

Al-Qaida's branch in Yemen gave a detailed description of how to make a bomb using a pressure cooker in a 2010 issue of Inspire, its English-language online publication aimed at would-be terrorists acting alone.

In a chapter titled "Make a bomb in the kitchen of your mom," it says "the pressurized cooker is the most effective method" for making a simple bomb, and it provides directions.

Naser Jason Abdo, a former U.S. soldier, was sentenced to life in prison last year after being convicted of planning to use a pair of bombs made from pressure cookers in an attack on a Texas restaurant frequented by soldiers from nearby Fort Hood. He was found with the Inspire article.

Investigators are combing surveillance tapes and pictures from the Boston attack and appealing to the public to turn over personal photos and video that might yield clues.

"This is probably one of the most photographed areas in the country yesterday," said Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis. He said two security sweeps of the marathon route had been conducted before the bombing.

Boston police and firefighter unions announced a $50,000 reward for information leading to arrests.

Obama said officials do not know who carried out the attack or why -- "whether it was planned and executed by a terrorist organization, foreign or domestic, or was the act of a malevolent individual."

But he said "any time bombs are used to target innocent civilians, it is an act of terror." And he declared: "The American people refuse to be terrorized."

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/boston/10010382569877/pressure-cooker-bombs-suspected-in-boston-blast/#ixzz2QfnlTWrl

Checkout for more pics:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2309545/Boston-bombings-2013-Devices-killed-including-Martin-Richard-Krystle-Campbell-used-terrorists-Afghanistan.html
--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

As usual, initial reports were wrong and every nut case around has written about things that didn't happen. It always pays to wait for later reports.

Bullwinkle

Thanks, Warph, for providing information . And pay no attention to the nut case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk