East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Finished. YAY! It looks good, and I found only two more things to fix. Now it can go to the printer for the 500 copies we need. I chose a green cover this time.
The old raccoon came hobbling very slowly up on the deck a few minutes ago, so I put some dog kibble out for her. She took the pieces in her "hand" one at a time and ate them.
It had been raining ,which we have needed, but she waited until it was over for the time being. I suspect once she finishes, she'll curl up until the table again and take a nap.
Bye all.

Diane Amberg

I survived the colonoscopy yesterday.That prep is awful, but needed. I'm not crazy about the results.Even though I had the last one 5years ago and had this one right on schedule, I had two more polyps,one rather large,at 10mm and a smaller 6mm one. They were sent off for biopsy of course. Depending on what comes back, I may have to be seen more often than 5 years. GRRR!
Al is getting the new car itch.He's been drooling over a new Honda CRV Touring with all the safety bells and whistles. It's fine with me as we are older drivers now. I don't think his scooter will fit inside this one, so if we get one, we'll get a little platform carrier for a tow hitch on the back. That would work just as well for him, I hope.
I have a blood test tomorrow morning and then we'll go dicker with Honda and see what we can do. We've never spent so much on a vehicle before, and I'm not used to so much automatic electronic stuff, but I think we would really enjoy it.It would take Al an entire afternoon to figure out all the gadgets and doodads.

Diane Amberg

We did it! We bought the 2015 white Honda CRV Touring. Al and I both did research, by way of CU etc. and were armed with what we thought was a fair price.
We got several calls from dealers in the general area, but not as close as our local dealer a few blocks from here. When we can, we do support our local merchants. Mike matched the best price the other dealers offered and then some.
  Honda pays up to $1,000 for equipment for disabled people, so soon we'll have a trailer hitch put on, and buy a carrier for his scooter for outside on the back. With this model, the spare tire is under the floor in back and not outside on the rear like the one we had. Also, the back lifts up and closes automatically, not to the side like a door. It has all the safety stuff, like side warnings, if your car is wandering out of it's lane and front and rear cameras,closing warnings, built in GPS, a nice radio and disc player, lots of little storage places, heated leather seats, key less entry and start and lots more. All those safety features kept our insurance from going up very much at all, for a new vehicle.
We've never owned a car this expensive, but we got such a good price, it doesn't pinch at all....And a discount for cash, and a return customer discount too.... and a free tank of gas too.HA! We got a super deal and they made their profit too.Everyone is happy.I'm sure Mike has sold our other one already. It is in perfect shape and very low mileage.

Diane Amberg

Another beautiful fall day.The House Wrens have headed south, but the Carolina Wren has been entertaining us with all its antics, running up over, around and down, and under everything looking for spiders and bugs. Daddy Long Legs show up on our window screens, as have a few Stink Bugs.The Canada Geese have been busy practicing flying with their young ones.I still hear the Catbirds, but I suspect they will be on their way soon.
We went down to the Golden Corral for the Early Bird lunch again yesterday and tried more different things. They make wonderful yeast rolls... had the okra again and some really tender pot roast with mashed potatoes and black eyed peas. I started with a nice baby spinach salad with piles of fresh mushrooms and fresh pineapple chunks. I finished with banana pudding and a chocolate peanut butter shooter. Very tasty.
  Al is having fun trying to figure out all the idiosyncrasies on the new car.It sure drives nice,with plenty of pick up.Why, it's so fancy that if it starts raining, the wipers turn themselves on.The  headlights can turn themselves on and off too....such luxury!

Diane Amberg

I decided to take Al to lunch in downtown Newark today at Cafe Gelato, our favorite Italian place. We have a bunch of errands to run and that will make a nice break.
Another beautiful day.So far no east coast tropical storms or hurricanes yet, and this is prime season right now. Actually we do need rain.I'd better drag the hose out and water the flower beds and the new Mums.The hottest part of summer is definitely over and we're enjoying the cooler perfect weather for as long as it lasts. Have a wonderful day, all my friends.

Diane Amberg

I just got some wonderful news. My biopsy came back benign, not even precancerous.I don't have to go back for another 5 years. YAY!
I also got word that "That One" was jumping up and down because I dissed him. Maybe his followers can go to his knee and lick his wounds, since he can't take getting what he dishes out. HA!
He tried to insult me again, took issue with my education and profession AGAIN, and apparently copied another one of my posts from my thread to another thread, where HE wanted it to be.  I'm not sure how that was supposed to hurt me, but he sure tried. HA! He is a real piece of work. Everyone is out of step but him.
    Now I'm going back to another forum where everyone is nice to each other and nobody has to defend themselves from a self appointed, self interested, protector of the county.

proelkco

Diane Amberg

Thanks, it sure is.I finally got a good night's sleep.I tried not to worry, but it kept creeping in. Have a beautiful fall day.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 24, 2015, 02:11:36 PM

I also got word that "That One" was jumping up and down because I dissed him. Maybe his followers can go to his knee and lick his wounds, since he can't take getting what he dishes out. HA!
He tried to insult me again, took issue with my education and profession AGAIN, and apparently copied another one of my posts from my thread to another thread, where HE wanted it to be.  I'm not sure how that was supposed to hurt me, but he sure tried. HA! He is a real piece of work. Everyone is out of step but him.

ROFLMAO

Catwoman

Diane, I am so thrilled for you!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  You need to go out and celebrate!!!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk