It Is What It IS.....

Started by Warph, March 08, 2013, 10:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Liberal Dem Rep. Jan Schakowsky:
"Our Survival As A Species Is Dependent On Women Taking Charge"...

(Say what?!!?? .... you mean like Nan Pelosi, Patty Murray, Di Feinstein, Elizabeth Warren,
Andrea Mitchell and the rest of the female liberal clownies?
Obuma + male= Clown

Pelosi + Female= Clownie)

(CNSNews.com) — "Our survival as a species is dependent on women taking charge," Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) told a gathering at a campaign fundraiser earlier this month.

She made the comment before introducing Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, who was among those attending the Schakowsky fundraiser dubbed "The Ultimate Women's Power Lunch" on May 3.

"Today I'm going to take a big leap over all of the many specific challenges we're facing, some of which you'll hear about from the incomparable Cecile Richards, to suggest a more comprehensive solution, Schakowsky said. "Today I am asserting that humanity is at a crossroads on this small planet and that our survival as a species is dependent on women taking charge, taking the world in our own hands."

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Health Insurance Premiums Expected To Soar 100% To 400% with Obumacare

Washington Examiner
by Paul Bedard

http://washingtonexaminer.com/insurers-predict-100-400-obamacare-rate-explosion/article/2529523?custom_click=rss

Internal cost estimates from 17 of the nation's largest insurance companies indicate that health insurance premiums will grow an average of 100 percent under Obamacare, and that some will soar more than 400 percent, crushing the administration's goal of affordability.
New regulations, policies, taxes, fees and mandates are the reason for the unexpected "rate shock," according to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, which released a report Monday based on internal documents provided by the insurance companies. The 17 companies include Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Kaiser Foundation.

The report found that individuals will face "premium increases of nearly 100 percent on average, with potential highs eclipsing 400 percent. Meanwhile, small businesses can expect average premium increases in the small group market of up to 50 percent, with potential highs over 100 percent."

One company said that new participants in the individual market could see a premium increase of 413 percent when new requirements on age rating and required benefits are taken into account, said the report. "The average yearly cost for a new customer in the individual market grows from $1,896 to $3,708 -- a $1,812 cost increase," it added.

The key reasons for the surge in premiums include providing wider services than people are now paying for and adding less healthy people to the roles of insured, said the report.

It concluded: "Despite promises that the law will lower costs, [Obamacare] will in fact cause the premiums of many Americans to spike substantially. The broken promises are numerous, and the empirical data reveal that many Americans, from recent college graduates to older adults, will not be able to afford the law's higher costs."
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Jay Carney In Denial: "You're Concocting Scandals Here That Don't Exist"

(Wait, the IRS, Benghazi and AP scandals don't exist? ??? ::) )

PIERS MORGAN: Final question, Jay Carney. Obviously the president made a big deal when he came into office of being not like previous administrations and was going to be much more transparent. The charge today after this week is that you have had that reputation for transparency pretty heavily dented. Do you accept that and just on a general picture, how are you going to move on now and restore perhaps faith that some Americans have lost this week in your openness and honesty?

JAY CARNEY:
Well, I'm not sure, again, you're concocting scandals here that don't exist, especially with regard to the Benghazi affair that was contrived by Republicans and I think has fallen apart largely this week. The fact of the matter is that this administration has a record on transparency that outdoes any previous administration, and we are committed to that. The president is committed to that.

http://freebeacon.com/wh-in-denial-youre-concocting-scandals-here-that-dont-exist/
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

LGBT student group at San Diego State University renamed Queer Student Union

Published May 16, 2013
FoxNews.com

A student group at San Diego State University for its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community is reportedly changing its name — but some are questioning whether the move is politically correct.

The university's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Student Union (LGBTSU) will become the Queer Student Union beginning in the 2013-14 school year, Fox5SanDiego.com reports.

"We're here and next year, we're queer," junior and president-elect Thomas Negron said.

Negron and the group's president, Michael Manacop, said "queer" is the easiest way to encompass all of the gender and sexual identities on campus without getting too wordy. There's a similar group at University of California, San Diego called the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer/Questioning Intersex Association (LGBTQIA).

"We decided instead of just adding letters, however many letters there are, we should just have an umbrella term," Manacob said.

It may not be a seamless transition, however, as some faculty members have expressed concerns over the name change when the story was first reported in The Daily Aztec, the university's student-run newspaper.

"It doesn't seem like something you'd want to be called," sophomore Jake Neely said. "I was always taught not to use (certain) words and ... that was definitely one of them that shouldn't really be said in my house."

Graduating senior Ashley Williams, meanwhile, said she didn't have a problem with the change so long as it came from the group itself.

"We want people to talk about it," Negron said. "We want people to be educated about the word. We want people to feel comfortable asking questions about it, because we don't want people to feel that our organization is stigmatized in anyway."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/16/lgbt-student-group-at-san-diego-state-university-renamed-queer-student-union/?test=latestnews#ixzz2TSkOsv1I
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Wow... gutzy woman:

Angelina Jolie's Bold Choice for a Double Mastectomy

Published on May 15, 2013

"One of the defining moments in the history of breast cancer occurred in 1974 when the first lady, Betty Ford, spoke openly about her mastectomy, lifting a veil of secrecy from the disease and ushering in a new era of breast cancer awareness."*

Angelina Jolie has come out with news that she got a preventive double mastectomy, after doctors told her she ran a very high risk of developing breast cancer. Being open about her choice certainly makes people more aware of the dangers of breast cancer and the value of health and genetic testing, but can others follow her path with healthcare at its current state? Ana Kasparian, Ben Mankiewicz (Host, Turner Classic Movies) and Gina Grad (Host, Pretty Good Podcast) discuss.

*Read more from The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/15/hea...

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Dennis Miller Weighs In On IRS, AP Benghazi
& Obama Statement O'Reilly.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk