It Is What It IS.....

Started by Warph, March 08, 2013, 10:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

"OOOooooeeeeEEEE..... twenty-six thousand, brother!  Ain't I smart"

Landlord Joe Biden pocketed $26,400 in 2012 renting cottage to the Secret Service

Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, took in $26,400 in 2012 by renting a cottage on the property of their Delaware home to the Secret Service, tax records released by the White House revealed.

They netted $17,944 of that rental money.

The arrangement under which the vice president charged the Secret Service personnel for staying on his Delaware property was first reported by The Washington Times in 2011.

The 2012 payouts were part of the $385,072 in adjusted gross income the Bidens reported to the IRS in 2012, according to their 2012 tax returns.

Can we say conflict of interest, People?  Yes, I knew you could!
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Largest Theater Chain Trims Employee Hours To Limit Obamacare Costs

http://www.forbes.com/sites/warrenmeyer/2013/04/17/the-end-of-full-time-work-in-the-american-retail-service-sector/

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/04/16/largest-theater-chain-trims-employee-hou

The nation's largest movie theater chain has cut the hours of thousands of employees, saying in a company memo that ObamaCare requirements are to blame.

Regal Entertainment Group, which operates more than 500 theaters in 38 states, last month rolled back shifts for non-salaried workers to 30 hours per week, putting them under the threshold at which employers are required to provide health insurance.

The Nashville-based company said in a letter to managers that the move was a direct result of ObamaCare.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Woman Calls 911, Asks Police For Help Getting Refund
From Her Drug Dealer

(Wow... she oughta be in politics.  She definitely missed her calling)

FLORIDA MUG SHOT

After handing over her last $50 to a drug dealer for cocaine and marijuana, a Florida woman suffering from buyer's remorse called 911 and asked cops for help in securing a refund.

Katrina Tisdale, 47, explained to St. Petersburg police that she would be penniless until her next Social Security disability check arrived. Hence the pressing need to recover her $50 from the unnamed narcotics salesman.

Despite Tisdale's explanation for her two calls to 911 Monday evening, officers arrested her for misusing the police emergency system. Seen in the above mug shot, Tisdale was booked into the Pinellas County jail, where she is being held on $100 bond.

According to jail records, Tisdale has been arrested many times over the past several years, including six arrests for cocaine possession. Tisdale was convicted in mid-2011 of calling 911 to falsely report that she had been robbed by her drug dealer. 

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

How true.... how true...

1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

2. If you have to get your parents permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion,... you might l...ive in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book, but not to vote, ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt, you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

5. If, in our largest city, you can buy "two" 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

6. If an 80-year-old woman and 3 yr old child can be stripped searched by the TSA, but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

8. If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is cute, but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable, ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

9. If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested homes..., you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

10. If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

11. If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TVs and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

12. If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more safe according to the government,... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"Genesis - Not Fun Being A Illegal Alien (1983)"

Sorry Phil Collins... TODAY IT IS FUN being an illegal alien:

One in 10 Los Angeles County residents is an immigrant living in the country illegally, according to a study released Tuesday by the USC Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration.

Many of those immigrants have been in the country for more than a decade and are the parents of children who are American citizens, the study found.  One in five children in Los Angeles County has at least one parent who is in the country without proper documentation.

One in four of the estimated 11 million people said to be in the United States without legal authorization lives in California.  Statewide, the study estimates that about 7% of residents, or more than 2.6 million people, are in the country illegally.

That means the stakes for California are particularly high as Congress debates immigration reform, including the possibility of a mass legalization.

The USC Study:

http://csii.usc.edu/undocumentedCA.html

http://californiaschildren.typepad.com/californias-children/2013/05/may-7-2013-one-in-five-children-in-los-angeles-county-has-at-least-one-parent-who-is-in-the-country-without-proper-document.html
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Palestinian Activist Eats A Tear Gas in The Mouth

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Latino student group says eating tacos is offensive to Mexicans

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/09/latino-student-group-says-eating-tacos-is-offensive-to-mexicans/

Northwestern University continued to stumble over diversity issues this week as Mexican students voiced disagreement with a campuswide letter that advised students not to celebrate Cinco de Mayo by engaging in racially-offensive activities, such as eating tacos and drinking tequila.

The letter was sent to students via e-mail, and published in The Daily Northwestern last week. Leaders of Alianza, a Latino student group, and the Associated Student Government called on students to remember that Cinco de Mayo commemorates Mexico's victory over France in the Battle of Puebla. It is not a day to throw a sombrero-themed party, they said.

"Some of our peers choose to throw 'Mexican-themed' parties that are culturally insensitive, offensive, and detrimental to the Northwestern community," said the letter, which noted that this was a problem year after year. "Drinking tequila shots, eating tacos, and wearing sombreros do not commemorate Mexican culture; on the contrary, that offends, marginalizes, and isolates many of our friends, classmates, and community members, and casts our entire community in poor light."

--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

poppy cock....The Mexican community here throws all manner of parties. Big bucks to be made from the Anglos. ;) Cinco De Mayo isn't a very big deal historically, but it is a good excuse to have fun and a college town sure knows how to do that. ;D ;D ;D

Warph

Obama Parties With Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel At Harvey Weinstein's NYC Mansion

Just over two weeks after breaking bread at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, President Barack Obama and Harvey Weinstein were back together today. This time it was at the producer's Manhattan home for a fundraiser. Unlike the big bucks, Weinstein raised directly for Obama during last year's election, Monday afternoon's event (read the Pool report below) was for the Democratic National Committee and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee 2014 midterm war chests. Obama will also be attending two other midterm fundraisers Monday while in NYC before returning to the White House tonight. The President arrived at Weinstein and his wife Georgina Chapman's home in the West Villiage around 1 PM after flying up from D.C.

There was approximately 65 guests paying between $16,200 and $20,000 a ticket at today's event. The White House Pool report identified Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel in the room among the guests. While this isn't the first midterm fundraiser that Obama has done this year it is the first one with Hollywood hosts. It won't be the last. The President is due out in LA next month for a lunch event at Peter Chernin's house on June 7. Tickets for that fundraiser range from $10,000 to $32,400 if you want to be a co-chair. With Hollywood a solid source of cash for the Democrats, Obama will likely head out West again. The President will be headlining at least eight more House and Senate midterm fundraisers this year, according to the White House.

POS Obuma doing what he does best... collecting money!
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk