An answer to a question recently asked

Started by Patriot, February 23, 2013, 04:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 24, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
Well, Diane, they don't talk to her from what I can see. They are also just so full of hot air. If they really cared about the law they would contact the proper authorities and let justice prevail.

Janet -

I would think you, or all people, would have a very clear view of the importance of the real court of public opinion.  Sometimes it's about more than just 'the law.'  Sometimes people see the facts, court finding or not, and make up their own minds.  Often at the polls as we saw in each of the last two local elections.  Never ignore the self governance aspect of our society & culture.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 24, 2013, 04:43:31 PM
I'd suggest you should not be a betting man Ross. ;) Who I have friends with on FB has nothing to do with my friends real or cyber anywhere else. Now, I'm sure you'll try to create something out of that too. ( Please do or your followers will be dissapointed. ::))
  Patriot, I stand by what I said. If you are bothered, that's your problem. I don't care one way or the other. I'm not sure, once again, how being rude to me solves anything.
Take Janet's advice.

Your suggestion about betting comes far, far too many years late.
But like I said, "if I was a betting man", which meant there is no doubt in my mind that certain people are reading this forum or having people report to them what is happening on here.. And the fact is you cannot prove otherwise.

There is absolutely nothing to create.
But I will say my Face Book friends are truly friends because I don't friend everyone under the sun.

You take Janet's advice if you so desire, but I'll pass.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 24, 2013, 04:43:31 PM
I'm not sure, once again, how being rude to me solves anything.

I'm not either.  But it's clear you're becoming a master at that which you say you are against.  :o

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on February 24, 2013, 04:43:55 PM
Janet -

I would think you, or all people, would have a very clear view of the importance of the real court of public opinion.  Sometimes it's about more than just 'the law.'  Sometimes people see the facts, court finding or not, and make up their own minds.  Often at the polls as we saw in each of the last two local elections.  Never ignore the self governance aspect of our society & culture.

Patriot, Obviously, the court of public opinion worked because she is not a county commissioner any longer. But, it is doubtful that the court of public opinion sees that web page from that web site. I'm not aware that she is calling herself a county commissioner now. Are you? And you realize that she has the right to call herself a former county commissioner any time that she wants to. Right?

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 24, 2013, 08:24:25 PM
Patriot, Obviously, the court of public opinion worked because she is not a county commissioner any longer. But, it is doubtful that the court of public opinion sees that web page from that web site. I'm not aware that she is calling herself a county commissioner now. Are you? And you realize that she has the right to call herself a former county commissioner any time that she wants to. Right?

The court of public opinion and former elected officials often have a reach that extends beyond an election.

Given the evidence on display in the following two links, there is no reason you, or anyone with internet access,  should be 'unaware.'

http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/
http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/st_lhendricks.htm

One would think "False impersonation is representing oneself to be" is quite clear.  Especially when the representation appears in a public venue that any reasonable person can see and would understand that the chief executive officer of the corporate owner of the venue has ultimate control and responsibility over.

Now, either the alleged perpetrator, given their position in the affected organization (clearly in a position to halt the impersonation), either lacks executive control, or is subject to being viewed as a scofflaw.

This is as clear a question as, at the time of the traffic stop, was the brake light operational or not.  

My greatest puzzlement is how you, as a former sheriff, can so blatantly appear to defend or excuse the wrongdoing.

Yes, former county commissioner would be fully acceptable.  But that's not the case today, is it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk