BLANKENSHIP, Lyle H. - b. September 25, 1938 - d. January 31, 2013

Started by frawin, February 14, 2013, 11:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Lyle H. Blankenship, 74, went to be with the Lord on January 31, 2013.  He is survived by his sisters, Linda (Stan) Laird of Lenexa, Kansas and Sharon (Leon) Attebery of Eureka, Kansas; 5 nephews and 1 niece;  7 cousins; and a host of friends.  He is preceded in death by his father, Lyle H. Blankenship, and his mother and stepfather, Bonnie Anne and George Lauffer.

A Celebration of Life will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at Central Christian Church, 2900 N. Rock Road, Wichita, Kansas 67226.  Graveside services will follow at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Andover Cemetery in Andover, Kansas. Memorials are designated to Central Christian Church and Harry Hynes Memorial Hospice.  Online condolences may be shared with the family at www.CozineMemorial.com. Services by Broadway Mortuary of Wichita, Kansas.

When they were young, Lyle and his sister, Sharon, visited a lot in Howard with their grandparents.  It seems to me they went to Howard during grade school for a short time and later went to Severy to school where they graduated.  I spent a lot of time with Lyle when we were kids.  He was a really super nice guy.  The last time I visited with Lyle was Memorial Day 2011 at the Piedmont Cemetery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk