Guns - American Style

Started by Warph, December 28, 2012, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead

First it says the man shot himself with an AR-15. Then the next paragraph it says he shot himself with a pistol. Funny I have never heard of an AR-15 pistol. Teresa , you are more of a gun nut than me---you ever see a AR-15 pistol ?

Police: Man fires shots, then shoots self at Bush International Airport in Houston
Published May 02, 2013

FoxNews.com

Shots were fired near a ticket counter at Houston's largest airport on Thursday, and at least one person was critically injured, a Houston police spokesman said.

Houston police responded to a call that there had been a "discharge of firearms" at 1:35 p.m. at the Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, a police source told MyFoxHouston.com.

KHOU.com reports that a man fatally shot himself with an AR-15 near a security checkpoint. Reports indicate that a body was found in the lobby of Terminal B of the airport.

The Houston Police Department told KHOU.com that an air marshal fired at the suspect, but missed. The man then pulled out a pistol and shot himself.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/02/report-shots-fired-at-bush-international-airport-in-houston/?test=latestnews#ixzz2SAl5rUHf

frawin

Jarhead, Bryan Williams said on the news that the man fired an AR-15 in the air and then pulled out a pistol and shot himself.
Frank

jarhead

So Frank, do we believe the above report or do we believe Brian Williams ? Flip a coin I guess but personally if Brian Williams says the sun sets in the west I'm gonna run outside to make sure he's got his story right---and that goes for anyone who works at NBC. :)

jarhead

TOPEKA, Kan. –  U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has told Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback that a new state law attempting to block federal regulation of some guns is unconstitutional and that the federal government is willing to go to court over the issue.

But Brownback replied in a letter Thursday that Kansans hold dear their right to bear arms and are protecting the state's sovereignty. Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a former law professor who helped draft the law, accused the nation's top law enforcement official of "blustering" over the issue.

"The people of Kansas have clearly expressed their sovereign will," Brownback said at the conclusion of his letter. "It is my hope that upon further review, you will see their right to do so."

Kansas' law declares that the federal government has no authority to regulate guns, ammunition and accessories manufactured, sold and kept only in Kansas. The law also makes it a felony for a federal agent to enforce any law, regulation, order or treaty covering those items.

The new statute says that Kansas-only guns, ammunition and accessories aren't a part of interstate commerce, which the federal government regulates under the U.S. Constitution. But in a letter to Brownback, Holder said the Constitution prohibits states from pre-empting federal laws.

Holder sent his letter April 26, the day after the Kansas law took effect, and the U.S. attorney's office for Kansas released it Thursday.

"Kansas may not prevent federal employees and officials from carrying out their official responsibilities," Holder wrote in his letter. "And a state certainly may not criminalize the exercise of federal responsibilities."

Patricia Stoneking, president of the Kansas State Rifle Association, said gun rights supporters were prepared for such a response from President Barack Obama's administration. The president has sought new gun control measures since December's deadly mass elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

The Republican governor is a gun rights supporter, and the measure passed the GOP-dominated Legislature by wide margins. Kobach also is a Republican.

"I think the people of Kansas are going to back this up," Stoneking said. "Probably thousands of grass-roots citizens are all in."

Brownback said in his letter to Holder: "The right to keep and bear arms is a right that Kansans hold dear."

The governor added, "The people of Kansas have repeatedly and overwhelmingly reaffirmed their commitment to protecting this fundamental right."

The Kansas law is modeled on a 2009 Montana law that is being reviewed by a federal appeals court, and Alaska lawmakers approved a similar measure last month. Alabama, Missouri and Oklahoma lawmakers are considering similar legislation.

Supporters of the Kansas law softened it — to say that federal agents wouldn't be arrested or detained while trials were pending — and insist that it will withstand court scrutiny. A federal agent convicted for the first time under the Kansas law could face six months in prison, though probation would be the presumed sentence.

"These hard-working federal employees cannot be forced to choose between the risk of a criminal prosecution and the continued performance of their federal duties," Barry Grissom, the U.S. attorney for Kansas, said in a statement Thursday.

But Kobach called Holder's analysis "simplistic and incorrect" and said the Kansas law is valid to protect the state's residents against unconstitutional measures enacted by Congress.

"We are very, very confident of our position," Kobach said in an interview. "The state of Kansas is not in any way afraid of a legal challenge."

The office of Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt has already anticipated a potential legal challenge from the federal government, and has asked legislators to increase its budget by $225,000 over the next two years to cover litigation costs.

Stoneking said a dispute could arise after a local gunsmith sells a firearm manufactured in Kansas to a state resident without complying with federal requirements for a background check on the buyer or registering the gun. Kobach agreed.

"Until that actually happens, there won't be any litigation," Stoneking said. "The federal government will have to have some way of finding out."

Supporters of the Kansas law have said they worry about attempts by the federal government to restrict or ban the sale of some weapons — or even confiscate them.

Holder said in his letter that federal law enforcement agencies will "continue to execute their duties to enforce all federal firearms laws and regulations.

"Moreover, the United States will take all appropriate action, including litigation if necessary, to prevent the State of Kansas from interfering with the activities of federal officials enforcing federal law," Holder wrote.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/03/kansas-governor-attorney-general-holder-spar-over-new-state-gun-law/?test=latestnews#ixzz2SEB1OuLv

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Anti-Gun Fiasco: Dem NJ State Senators Accidentally Reveal Their Gun Control Agenda, Including "Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate" & Mocking Gun Owners (Watch the video)

"Caught: New Jersey Democrat state senators (L. to R.) Loretta Weinberg, Sandra Cunningham, Linda Greenstein, mocked gun owners and discussed confiscation of law-abiding citizens' guns when a hot mic recorded their anti-gun objectives during gun control committee hearing."

Anti-gun lawmakers have some spinnin' and 'splainin' to do after three Democrat New Jersey state senators were overhead chatting among themselves near the end of a gun control committee meeting.

(But, their microphone hadn't been turned off.  Hot Mic.... Oops... A PR fiasco.  LOL)

The three liberal politicians unwittingly and shockingly revealed what they really think of law-abiding gun owners, mocking them, and what their true, power-grabbing intentions are with increased gun control in the state.

One of the lines recorded is believed to be "We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate." While that speaker of that line hasn't been identified, the people speaking are believed to be NJ Democrats Loretta Weinberg (D-Bergen), Sandra Cunningham (D-Hudson), and Linda Greenstein (D-Middlesex).

The women's anti-Second Amendment exchange, the audio of which is now on video and uploaded to the Internet, has gone viral on YouTube and has pro-gun advocates enraged.
CONFISCATION! NJ Senators CAUGHT Mocking Gun Owners at Committee Meeting | May 9, 2013

Audio captured and brought to attention by NJ2AS members

Loretta Weinberg (D-37), Sandra Cunningham (D-31), and Linda Greenstein (D-14), Nellie Pou (D-35)

What's that you say?! They aren't coming for our guns you say?!

This is INCREDIBLE!

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

POETIC JUSTICE: GOOD OVER EVIL WINS OUT!

Uploaded on Jun 16, 2011

The North Hollywood shootout was an armed confrontation between two heavily armed bank robbers and officers of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in the North Hollywood district of Los Angeles on February 28, 1997. Both perpetrators were killed, eleven police officers and seven civilians were injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the perpetrators and the police.
At approximately 9:30 am (UTC-8), Larry Phillips, Jr. and Emil Mătăsăreanu entered and robbed the North Hollywood Bank of America branch. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were confronted by dozens of LAPD officers when they exited the bank and a shootout between the officers and robbers ensued. The two robbers attempted to flee the scene, Phillips on foot and Mătăsăreanu in their getaway vehicle, while continuing to engage the officers. The shootout continued onto a residential street adjacent to the bank until Phillips was mortally wounded, including by a self-inflicted gunshot wound; Mătăsăreanu was killed by officers three blocks away. In addition to the two perpetrators, eleven officers and seven civilians sustained injuries. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu had robbed several armored vehicles prior to their attempt in North Hollywood and were notorious for their heavy armament, which included automatic rifles.

Local patrol officers at the time were typically armed with 9 mm or .38 Special pistols on their person, with some having a 12-gauge shotgun available in their cars. Phillips and Mătăsăreanu carried fully automatic rifles, with ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor, and wore military grade body armor of their own. Since the police handguns could not penetrate the bank robbers' body armor, the patrol officers' efforts were ineffective. SWAT eventually arrived with weapons that could penetrate and several officers also appropriated AR-15 rifles from a nearby firearms dealer. The incident sparked debate on the appropriate firepower for patrol officers to have available in similar situations in the future. Due to the large number of casualties, rounds fired, weapons used and overall length of the shootout, it is regarded as the longest and bloodiest event in US police history.

They made a movie about the above incident in North Hollywood Bank Robbery called "44Minutes"...
Here are scenes from the movie:

FOR FULL LENGTH MOVIE:

Uploaded on Aug 13, 2010
ATLANTA, GA Aug 9, 2010................
Stupid Robber Shoots Self in Head During Robbery

Uploaded on Mar 14, 2010
Convenience store clerk shoots, kills suspected robber
A would-be robber who walked into Bengal's Food Mart in South Toledo. wearing a wig was shot and killed by a store clerk on Sunday morning
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs....

Suspect exchanged shots with South Toledo shopkeeper
A South Toledo music store owner had hours of recent target-shooting behind him when he shot a man who police said tried to rob his store clerk at gunpoint Friday.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs....

Uploaded on Dec 27, 2011
Clerk Knocks Out Armed Robber .
When the robber regains consciousness, the clerk then made him clean up his own blood.

Uploaded on Mar 7, 2010
Deerfield convenience store clerk shoots would-be robber

Uploaded on Mar 5, 2011
An elderly California woman uses an antique revolver to confront a late-night intruder. Be sure to stay to the end of the video for one final detail!  Visit www.TheArmedCitizen.com for more!

Uploaded on Apr 20, 2010
Stroud, Oklahoma, December 4, 2009, Donna Jackson shoots and kills a man who tries to break into her home early in the morning. The incident is captured on a 911 call.

Uploaded on Jan 5, 2012
http://www.neuroticy.com/ - Oklahoma media have the compelling story of a shotgun-toting 18-year-old mother who killed an intruder on New Year's Eve after a 911 operator told her, "Do what you have to do to protect your baby."

NBC affiliate KFOR-TV has video of its interview with Sarah McKinley, who was alone with her 3-month-old son in their Blanchard home, MSNBC says. McKinley says two men -- one of whom she had met previously -- appeared at her door Saturday night and then tried to break in. Two days earlier, she had buried her husband, who died of cancer on Christmas Day.

One man -- identified as 24-year-old Justin Martin --- had come by Thursday to express condolences. But Saturday, armed with a foot-long hunting knife, he and his partner attempted to break down McKinley's door. She blocked it with her couch, grabbed her baby and fetched a 12-gauge shotgun and a handgun before calling 911.

McKinley said she asked the dispatcher, "I've got two guns in my hand -- is it OK to shoot him if he comes in this door? I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher said.

The 911 conversation lasted for 21 minutes. Then the door gave in.

"I waited till he got in the door. They said I couldn't shoot him until he was inside the house. So I waited until he got in the door and then I shot him," McKinley told KFOR.

Martin, who charged McKinley with his knife, was hit in the "upper torso," police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His cohort, Dustin Louis Stewart, 29, fled but later surrendered to authorities.

Blanchard police say McKinley acted in self-defense.

"Oklahoma laws are clear on home defense. I think they're clear to most individuals that you can defend yourself in your home," said Detective Supervisor Dan Huff.
- USA Today

Published on Jun 23, 2012
When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

PHOENIX (CBS5) - Police say a 14-year-old boy shot an intruder who broke into his Phoenix home and pulled a gun on him as he was watching his three younger siblings.

The shooting happened Friday at a home on West Minton near 51st Avenue and Baseline Road in Laveen.

Police Officer James Holmes said Saturday that the teen and three younger siblings, 12, 10 and 8, were at home alone when a woman rang the doorbell Friday. The teen didn't open the door because he didn't recognize her.

Soon after, the teen heard a bang on the door, rushed his siblings upstairs and got a handgun from his parent's bedroom.

When he got to the top of the stairs, he saw a man breaking through the front door and point a gun at him.

The boy shot the 37-year-old man, who is in critical condition but expected to survive and be booked into jail.

Published on Oct 19, 2012
BRYAN COUNTY, Okla. (CBS Houston) — Police say a 12-year-old Oklahoma girl shot a home intruder while hiding in a closet.
According to KTEN-TV, Bryan County authorities say Kendra St. Clair was home alone when 32-year-old Stacey Jones broke into the house.

She called her mom Debra St. Clair after Jones started pounding on the door, eventually kicking it in.
"She said, 'Mom, I think he's going to the back door,' and I said, 'You go get the gun and you get in my closet right now and call 911,'" Debra St.Clair told KTEN.

Kendra St. Clair then shot Jones in the shoulder when he was about to enter the bedroom she was hiding in.
"I was sitting in the closet really scared, holding the gun, not knowing what was going to happen," the young girl told KTEN. "When he turned the door handle I shot towards him with my mom's gun and it hit him in the arm."

Jones immediately ran out of the house but was apprehended not far from the St. Clair residence.

"He was sitting down. The policemen had him apprehended at the end of the block," Debra St. Clair told KWTV. "All I saw was some blood coming down his back."

Jones was taken to Bryan County Jail after being released from the hospital. He is being charged with first-degree burglary.

Indianapolis, Indiana, December 23, 2010 - An Indianapolis man hadn't even opened his Diner before two robbers came in and demanded money on the day before Christmas Eve. When one man reached for something in his pocket, the owner feared for his life and fired. Both suspects fled.

And this news story from March 2013 — an elderly man defended himself and shot and killed a home-invading burglar in Dallas, Texas. The dead man had a lengthy criminal history and had already served at least one stint in prison.

Elderly Man Shoots & Kills Repeat Offender Attempting to Break Into His Home:
--Warph

-- Warph

Teresa

Rationale For High Capacity Mags

A man walked into his crowded local bar, waved a revolver around and
yelled  "Who in here has been screwing my wife?"
A voice from the back of the bar yelled back.........
"You're gonna need more ammo!"
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

Colorado Demo-rats Accuse State Sheriffs of Siding With Criminals

Thursday, May 30, 2013, 5:31 PM

Colorado Democrats are very upset that 55 of 62 Colorado sheriffs signed on to a lawsuit to overturn two contentious gun control bills.

So Colorado Democrats accused the sheriffs of siding with criminals.

The Daily Caller reported:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/28/colorado-dems-tweet-that-sheriffs-backing-gun-control-lawsuit-side-with-criminals/#ixzz2Uoivh8ph

Colorado state Senate Democrats claimed on Twitter that most of the state's elected sheriffs are siding with criminals rather than law abiding citizens by joining in a lawsuit to overturn two contentious gun control bills.

The lawsuit, first announced on May 17, has now been joined by 55 of the state's 62 sheriffs and has been supported by others in law enforcement.

There's another reason the Gun control Democrats are upset – many of them are facing possible recall elections.[/b]

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2013/05/colorado-gun-control-democrats-facing.html#.UaacbknzTgo.twitter

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk