Guns - American Style

Started by Warph, December 28, 2012, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"BANG"

For decades the gun-control lobby has brandished assault rifles at press conferences and spent more time describing their killing power than their manufacturers have.  The rifle has been upgraded to the assault rifle and now, in the latest Orwellian vernacular used by the White House and the entire media pyramid beneath it, weapons of war.

The gun-control activists drew the wrong lesson from Newtown as they drew the wrong lessons from WW2 and September 11.   The lesson is not that weapons are bad, the lesson is that people in the grip of evil ideas are capable of unimaginable horrors regardless of the tools at their disposal.  A single man can kill a classroom full of children with a gun and a few men can kill thousands with a few box cutters.  It isn't the tool that matters.  It's the man.

Unwishing the gun brings us back to the sword.  Unwishing the sword brings us back to the spear.  Unwishing the spear brings us back to the stone club.  And what then?  When every weapon that ever existed or will exist is undone, all that remains is the deadliest weapon of all.  The mind of man.

The gun, the sword, the spear and the club took countless lives and saved countless lives.  Civilization has always balanced on a future made possible by little boys playing cops and robbers and playing with little green army men.  They can either grow up to be the protectors of the future or the frightened men who will stand aside and do nothing when they hear the screams begin to come because they have been told that all violence is evil.

....Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Looks like Forbes finally caught up with what is going on with DHS buying 1.6 rounds of ammo and MaxxPro MRAP vehicles:

Excerpted from FORBES: The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, to far too little notice.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As elsewhere reported, much of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war plus a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending fewer than 6 million rounds a month. 1.6 billion rounds, therefore, would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

Add to this perplexingly outré purchase of ammo, DHS now is showing off its acquisition of heavily armored personnel carriers, repatriated from the Iraqi and Afghani theaters of operation. As observed by "paramilblogger" Ken Jorgustin last September:

[T]he Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 'Mine Resistant Protected' MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States." ...

"These MRAP's ARE BEING SEEN ON U.S. STREETS all across America by verified observers with photos, videos, and descriptions.

"Regardless of the exact number of MRAP's being delivered to DHS (and evidently some to POLICE via DHS, as has been observed), why would they need such over-the-top vehicles on U.S. streets to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass? In a war zone... yes, definitely. Let's protect our men and women. On the streets of America... ?

"They all have gun ports... Gun Ports? In the theater of war, yes. On the streets of America...?

"Seriously, why would DHS need such a vehicle on our streets?" Why indeed? It is utterly inconceivable that Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is planning a coup d'etat against President Obama, and the Congress, to install herself as Supreme Ruler of the United States of America. There, however, are real signs that the Department bureaucrats are running amok. About 20 years ago this columnist worked, for two years, in the U.S. Department of Energy's general counsel's office in its procurement and finance division. And is wise to the ways. The answer to "why would DHS need such a vehicle?" almost certainly is this: it's a cool toy and these (reportedly) million dollar toys are being recycled, without much of a impact on the DHS budget. So... why not?

Why, indeed, should the federal government not be deploying armored personnel carriers and stockpiling enough ammo for a 20-year war in the homeland? Because it's wrong in every way. President Obama has an opportunity, now, to live up to some of his rhetoric by helping the federal government set a noble example in a matter very close to his heart (and that of his Progressive base), one not inimical to the Bill of Rights: gun control. The federal government can (for a nice change) begin practicing what it preaches by controlling itself.

And ... remember the ... Sequester? The president is claiming its budget cuts will inconvenience travelers by squeezing essential services provided by the (opulently armed and stylishly uniformed) DHS. Quality ammunition is not cheap. (Of course, news reports that DHS is about to spend $50 million on new uniforms suggests a certain cavalier attitude toward government frugality.)

Spending money this way is beyond absurd well into perverse. According to the AP story a DHS spokesperson justifies this acquisition to "help the government get a low price for a big purchase." Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center: "The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises."

At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) ... that's a stockpile that would last DHS over a century. To claim that it's to "get a low price" for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Obuma Signals He Will Support UN Treaty To Restrict Arms

Left-Loon Kerry: "We would not support any treatment inconsistent with rights of Americans under [our] Constitution...."

Oh yeah....Except for the fact that this administration has run over the Constitution and the law repeatedly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-nra-square-off-over-small-arms-treaty/2013/03/16/ae495dae-8d76-11e2-b63f-f53fb9f2fcb4_story.html

"The National Rifle Association, which is battling a raft of gun control measures on Capitol Hill, also has an international fight on its hand as it gears up to oppose a U.N. treaty designed to restrict the flow of arms to conflict zones.Negotiations open Monday in New York on the Arms Trade Treaty, which would require countries to determine whether weapons they sell would be used to commit serious human rights violations, terrorism or transnational organized crime.

"The gun lobby fears that the treaty would be used to regulate civilian weapons. Human rights activists counter that it would reduce the trafficking of weapons, including small arms such as the ubiquitous AK-47 assault rifle, to outlaw regimes and rebel groups engaged in atrocities against civilian populations.'This treaty is a common-sense alignment of the interests of governments, law-abiding citizens and individuals all over the world, who deserve the right to live free from harm,' said Michelle A. Ringuette, chief of campaigns and programs at Amnesty International USA. 'Any step toward restraining the illicit sale and transfer of weapons used to commit horrific crimes is a good move forward, and the world could use a lot more steps in the direction of ending human rights abuses.'

"The Obama administration, which has wavered on the treaty, signaled Friday that it was willing to support the accord. 'The United States is steadfast in its commitment to achieve a strong and effective Arms Trade Treaty that helps address the adverse effects of the international arms trade on global peace and stability,' Secretary of State John F. Kerry said in a statement. 'We will not support any treaty that would be inconsistent with U.S. law and the rights of American citizens under our Constitution, including the Second Amendment.'"

Here this Clown supplies the Mexican drug cartels... he supplies the radical Muslims in Syria via Benghazi.  God only knows what he is doing we haven't discovered yet.  I actually expect to find out Iran has obtained a fully functioning W88 Trident warhead from a "nukerunning" program that went awry with a RQ-170 drone.  God help us... what a clusterf#%@!

....Warph
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Marine Pulls Gun To Save Woman Being Beaten

A Marine Corps veteran with a concealed carry permit stopped a suspect in a brutal beating in West Allis, Wis., on Tuesday morning when he drew his gun and called the police.

Charlie Blackmore, Jr. told Wisconsin Fox affiliate WITI that he saw a man kicking a woman in the head and belly at the side of the road as he was driving to work early the morning of March 12. He pulled his car over and told the suspect to stop, but the man came towards him.

That's when Blackmore, who served in the Marines from 2005 to 2007, decided to draw his weapon, a 9mm handgun. Blackmore told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the suspect, who he estimated stood more than 6 feet tall and weighed about 220 pounds, proceeded to taunt him, reportedly saying "Shoot me, then."

According to WITI, audio of Blackmore's 911 call reveals the suspect tried to walk away when confronted.

"There's a black male that just beat up a female in the street. He's walking away from me. I told him to stop," Blackmore said on the call. "If you come at me, I will shoot you," he told the suspect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/charlie-blackmore-marine-veteran-draws-gun_n_2891176.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Two guns found in student's backpack at Orlando school

MIAMI | Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:58pm EDT

(Reuters) - A 12-year-old boy was arrested on Monday at an Orlando, Florida, middle school after a security official found two weapons, including a fully loaded MAC-10 machine pistol, in his backpack, a police official said.

Authorities examined the 7th-grader's bag after receiving a tip that a student brought a gun to the Glenridge Middle School, said Orlando Police Department spokesman Sergeant Jim Young.

Police said a preliminary investigation found the boy did not intend to harm any students. The other weapon was a handgun, Young said.

The student was arrested on a charge of possession of a firearm on school property and taken to a local juvenile detention center.

A former student of the University of Central Florida, also in Orlando, shot and killed himself early on Monday in a dormitory apartment where police found guns, bombs and writings suggesting he had been planning a campus attack, authorities said.

The dormitory was evacuated and classes were canceled on Monday morning, but resumed at midday after the explosives were removed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/18/us-usa-florida-guns-idUSBRE92H12420130318?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

OMG... a fully loaded MAC-10 machine pistol ???  12Yrs. old... ???  Authorities had better checkout the PARENTS of this kid... that is, if he got any!
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Magpul Confirms Plan To Leave Colorado "Almost Immediately"
Once Dem Governor Signs Magazine Limit Bill

Next stop... Texas?

From Magpul

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:
We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Biden Refuses To Accept Reality, Vows To Continue
Pushing DiFi's "Assault" Weapons Ban

Knock yourself out, Plugs... still not gonna happen.

Vice President Biden and the Obama administration still hope to pass a federal assault weapons ban, Biden said Wednesday.

"I'm still pushing that it pass — we are still pushing that it pass. The same thing was told to me when the first assault weapons ban in '94 was attached to the Biden crime bill, that it couldn't possibly pass," Biden said Wednesday in an interview with NPR. "It was declared dead several times."

Earlier in the week Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said that a proposal to reinstitute a federal assault weapons ban would not be included in a gun control bill the Senate plans to vote on soon. Reid said the proposal, which Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) introduced, would have weighed down the rest of the gun control bill. New gun conttrol legislation, especially an assault weapons ban, faces strong opposition in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/289401-biden-still-pushing-for-assault-weapons-ban-to-pass

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Police Departments Beg And Barter For Ammo While DHS Buys Up 1.6 Billion Rounds In Past Year

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/police-departments-beg-and-barter-ammo-while-dhs-buys-16-billion

The nationwide shortage of ammunition has left many police departments scrambling to get their hands on the necessary rounds – with some even bartering among each other.

Meanwhile, Rep. Timothy Huelskamp (R-Kansas) says the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has failed to respond to multiple members of Congress asking why DHS bought more than 1.6 billion rounds in the past year.

Police Chief Cameron Arthur of Jenks, Oklahoma says, "Ammunition and assault weapons in general have skyrocketed...In addition to the fact, not only is it a lot more expensive, but the time to get it could be six months to a year, or in some cases even longer."

Arthur says he is waiting on an order placed last October and that many departments have begun to trade and barter with each other because of the high demand.

"Most police departments are having a very difficult time even getting the necessary ammunition for handguns, shotguns and especially rifles," Arthur said.

"With the delay in ammunition, some departments are limiting the number of rounds they carry in their handgun because of the shortage of ammunition. We get to the point where it is difficult to have enough ammo to train and also equip the officers."

Remember when Obuma made this rather shocking (and chilling) pledge:"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.  ...Barack Obama"

And then there's this story:

Public Library on Woodward Ave.
Police in Detroit last night announced the discovery of an arms cache of 200 semi-automatic rifles with 25,000 rounds of ammunition, 2 tons of heroin, 5 million in forged US banknotes, and 15 trafficked Latino prostitutes all in a semi-detached house behind the Public Library on Woodward Ave.
Local residents were stunned.
A community spokesman said: "We're all shocked; we never knew we had a library."

http://tomohalloran.com/2013/03/05/shocking-discovery-in-detroit/

--Warph

-- Warph

Teresa

yes yes yes yes and YES!~~~
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jarhead

Way to go Mr MacKinlay. We need more like him to weed out all the liberal hypocrites

A Tucson gun store owner has decided to rescind the sale of a military-style rifle to Mark Kelly, the husband of former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, after Kelly said he had intended the purchase to make a political point about how easy it is to obtain the kind of firearms he's lobbying Congress to ban.

Kelly's March 5 purchase of an AR-15-style rifle and a 45.-caliber handgun at Diamondback Police Supply sparked a frenzy of reaction from both sides of the debate after he posted to Facebook a photo of himself shopping.

A background check took only a matter of minutes to complete, Kelly said in the Facebook post, adding that it's scary to think people can buy similar guns without background checks at gun shows or on the Internet.

But Kelly couldn't immediately take possession of the rifle because the shop had bought it from a customer. As a result, the store is required by a Tucson ordinance to hold the gun for 20 days to give the city enough time to make sure the weapon wasn't used in a crime.

Store owner Doug MacKinlay said Monday in a Facebook post of his own that he "determined that was in my company's best interest to terminate this transaction prior to his returning to my store."

"While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use," MacKinlay said in the statement.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/25/gun-store-rescinds-mark-kelly-rifle-purchase-questions-his-intent/#ixzz2OeaRPWz3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk