Doesn't Make Sense!

Started by Varmit, December 06, 2012, 08:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullwinkle

I think it will probably take doing both , some restructuring, and new building. The overcrowded grades are K-6. That is not the case in the upper grades, some of which have a handfull of students, so room division should be an option. I can agree with the need for a second gym, more so than classrooms, and it could be designed to provide classroom space as well, since it wouldn't need spectator space as it would simply be a "practice" gym so to speak. A look at the overall floor plan and a consultation with an architect would be my path to take.

Wilma

I am not really familiar with the entire structure, but picking up a dozen new classrooms within the present structure doesn't sound possible to me.  I hear that the library is already being used for classes.  I also do not have a problem with outside advice.  After all, architects are outside help, aren't they? 

Diane Amberg

It would be nice if someone would get input from the people who actually use the place. What do they want/need?

readyaimduck

Without the schoolboard's blessing, their ideas may be like snowflakes flalling on a hot stove.  (cleaned up my analogy for the general population!)  :angel:
ready

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on December 13, 2012, 05:31:03 PM
Without the schoolboard's blessing, their ideas may be like snowflakes flalling on a hot stove.  (cleaned up my analogy for the general population!)  :angel:
ready

Good point, ready.  And very consistent with my observations of local process.  "Leadership" seems to have a very limited ability to accept 'outside' input, unless that input comes from very limited and 'approved' circles.  Kinda like that good ole boy networking thing.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Bullwinkle

If you read the thread, Diane, there are several inputs from" people who use the place", and since my children and grandchildren attend classes, I would say that I am "using the place"  ::)

Hopefully something can be done without the rivalry that occurred last go round. It "is" about getting our kids a good education. The facilities don't have to be state of the art, but the teaching should be.

Unless you have designed a school, Wilma, then it is wise to ask someone who has, how to best make use of the available space, and what addition would be necessary to fill the needs. Unless you want to fritter away money on something that won't work.

Wilma

Was I trying to design a school?

Diane Amberg

I have helped design two elementary schools, including K's ,two middle schools and now a Jr.- Sr. high school. I'm a little too far away to help you though.  :angel:
I was to referring to the  teachers and staff who would know best how areas can be moved around and what can be doubled up, or what doesn't need specially made classrooms in terms of furniture size, special equipment or noise control. Every state has requirements as to square footage per child, the size of desks and sinks, water fountains, air exchange and such.There is also lots of good information and examples on the internet. It hasn't been that many years ago that schools didn't need wireless anything, or computer labs either. Such are the changes we all face.and now no cursive? very strange.  Or not...
Teachers are very clever at using every nook and cranny that is available.

readyaimduck

I first thought that too, Diane.  However, in this day and age, if anyone suggests any concrete evidence or just a constructive critisim on an open forum, it could be construed by the school board, et al  as 'bad mouthing' their empolyer.  I don't think any staff or more importantly teachers will cut their own throats. 
   That is what the school meetings are for, to voice their opinion.  We/you  as taxpayers on the otherhand have to reiterate their suggestions.

ready

Bullwinkle

ROFLMAO . You helped design schools. Is there no limit to your expertise ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk