Cattle folks will love this part of the plan...

Started by Patriot, November 12, 2012, 10:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

"Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class - involving high meat intake, use of fossil fuels, appliances, air-conditioning, and suburban housing - are not sustainable. A shift is necessary which will require a vast strengthening of the multilateral system, including the United Nations."

Maurice Strong, Rio Earth Summit (1992)

No Meat on Mondays in Los Angeles
By Susan Jones
November 12, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - The Los Angeles City Council is urging all residents to observe "meatless Mondays" from now on.

A resolution adopted on Oct. 24 reads: "Be it resolved, that the Council of the City of Los Angeles hereby declares all Mondays as 'Meatless Mondays' in support of comprehensive sustainability efforts as well as to further encourage residents to eat a more varied plant-based diet to protect their health and protect animals."

Article:  http://cnsnews.com/news/article/no-meat-mondays-los-angeles

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

redcliffsw

If I was in range, I'd enjoy heading down to Longton to the Elk River Drive-In for some hamburgers.

Nothing like having good beef to eat since it's Monday - or any other day.

ddurbin

Hey Red,
How often do you get down to Elk County?  Is it much of a drive for you?  Do you try and eat at the other fine dining establishments as well?

readyaimduck

On Monday, sign me up for one of your biggest steaks...not that ground crap!   ;)
ready

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on November 12, 2012, 12:12:24 PM
On Monday, sign me up for one of your biggest steaks...not that ground crap!   ;)
ready

Nope, no signing up in advance.  The local soviet (collective council) rules require you to be in line, in person, to receive your allotment.  Of course ground crap may be all that's available (fairness, you know).  And don't forget... Friday's are baked potato day!

Bullwinkle

The National Cattleman's Beef Association as well as others like the American Angus Association in the past couple of years have applauded McDonalds and Walmart for deciding to serve better beef, not the utility crap. Most recently an upward trend in beef consumption has actually been labeled " The Walmart Effect " , since they decided to quit selling crap. They basically had to since outlets like Kroger were kicking their ass in beef sales.

It will take more than some California Crackpots to get people to quit enjoying a big porterhouse or filet mignon. It's too good.

Patriot

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 13, 2012, 09:02:17 AM
It will take more than some California Crackpots to get people to quit enjoying a big porterhouse or filet mignon. It's too good.

Remember the frog?  Inch, by inch.

Bullwinkle

I forgot to mention that California has quite a few cattle ranchers, well established ranches. They as well as those in the rest of the country have been battling the vegetarian movement as well as a larger problem, PETA and the Humane Society. The Amercan cattlemen have not been sitting by and letting these people spew their non factual BS.  ;)

Diane Amberg

mtcookson

Besides missing out on awesome food and being a bit odd... absolutely nothing... as long as you don't try forcing that view on others and try getting meat banked or outlawed in some way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk