Color Blind or Old Age

Started by Wilma, October 31, 2012, 09:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I have a long handle dust pan.  One of those that you don't have to bend over to pick up the sweepings.  This morning I needed it.  I could not find it.  I looked the entire house over, behind all the doors at least twice and still could not find it.  Finally, I decided to try one more time in the spot where it is supposed to be, hanging on a nail in the utility room.  There it was, in plain siight.  The problem was that I was looking for a yellow dust pan.  This dust pan is green.  Is that color blind or old age?

larryJ

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

Wilma,
It might be that Janet couldn't find your broom to take for a spin so she was riding the long handled dust pan, when you were looking for it  (I probably just signed my death warrant !! ) ;D :angel:

Jo McDonald

Make sure to tell Joyce to let us know when your service is.  hahahahaha 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Warph

Color blindness means that you would have trouble seeing red, green, or blue or a mix of these colors. 
And then again, it could be age-related macular degeneration.

You haven't been hanging around Jarhead's bunker, have you?  If so, that would probably explain it.  ;D :angel:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

jarhead

Warph,
No wine left in my bunker---Jo McD and her sister, my Aunt Helen, were here a couple weeks go----now all I have left in the bunker is two cases of empty bottles with drinking straws sticking out of them

Wilma

Warph, I have had cataract surgery, a vitrectomy and have macular degeneration, but I can still tell yellow from green.  This has to have something to do with the brain.  I have a small garden cart on wheels.  Whenever I would send someone to get it for me, I would tell them, "The blue cart on wheels" and tell them exactly where to find it.  They would come back without it and tell me that they couldn't find a blue cart.  I would then go to the spot where I had sent them and there it was, a green cart on wheels. 

Warph

Wilma... I have a solution.  Go buy a blue garden cart and then sell the green one to jarhead and that should take care of your problem.  That way he can haul off those empty bottles that Jo and her sister left in his buker after drinking that awful devils brew.  Boy, that took guts slurping that stuff down. 

BTW... I'm somewhat surprised he's still alive after that crack he made about Janet and the dust pan.  I can see it now... payback... payback!  On second thought You'd better sell it today because ol' Jar might not be around tomorrow.   :laugh: :laugh:
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Mom70x7

Wilma -

I think you have my "disease" - verbal dyslexia!  :D

I mix up orange and green frequently and have been known to twist other words around.  I gave up a long time ago and just call it verbal dyslexia.   ;)  ::)   :D

Janet Harrington

Death sentence on jarhead???? No, I think not.

Who would I laugh at then?????

I have to keep laughing and jarhead just makes my day. sometimes. LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk