Rudy Taylor and Dale Smith.

Started by Fire Elk, October 08, 2012, 06:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Elk

Dale, I see you have logged on and are at least reading the forum. Unfortunately, my request for a more civil discourse did not take. While I wish that we could go back to the forum of a few years ago, I don't think that is in the cards. I have embraced the "dark side" in the vein of if you can't beat them join them.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

farmgal67357

And you become part of the problem. Gee thanks.
Lisa

Quote from: Fire Elk on November 17, 2012, 06:55:27 PM
Unfortunately, my request for a more civil discourse did not take. While I wish that we could go back to the forum of a few years ago, I don't think that is in the cards. I have embraced the "dark side" in the vein of if you can't beat them join them.

Lisa

Fire Elk

Quote from: farmgal67357 on November 17, 2012, 09:52:50 PM
And you become part of the problem. Gee thanks.
Lisa

Lisa,  I can see why you say that. Unfortunately, the move to make that not the case was not supported. I have no problem doing as the Romans do. If it changes I will be the first to go back.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Bullwinkle

Excellent point , Lisa, but he enjoys it.  8)

Anmar

A recent trip home to Grenola made me think about this forum.  When I got back, I thought I would see whats happening and I'm surprised to see my name mentioned here.  I find it interesting that many people are taking guesses as to why so many have stopped posting in the politics section, and the people with the most incorrect assumptions are largely the ones responsible for the degeneration of the quality of discussion...

Perhaps its best to ask those who have drifted away, why they have done so.

As for me, Life happened.  I have left the corporate world to pursue a second career, and I've had to go back to school to acquire the necessary skills.  I got engaged, moved, bought a new home, became an uncle, etc.

At the end of the day, I probably could have continued to post, however I felt like the level of discourse was quickly deteriorating.  This thread is an excellent example.  It starts off with several good posts, then quickly becomes an argument with name calling and bitterness.  Soon, we have a frequent political poster making circular arguments that make no sense, yet he insists he's right.  Then a group of people jump all over Diane for no reason.  Then the resident arizonan rifles of 3 pages of political posts that he copied/pasted from chain e-mails that have nothing to do with the topic or forum, an urgent plea to stay on topic and to keep political posts to the political section (which of course is ignored), and further arguments that just go on and on. 

Frankly, whats the point?  When I posted, i didn't come here to argue, to be called names, or to be the subject of racist rants.  I started coming to this forum because I wanted to move back to Elk County, and not only did I stop posting because of what went on here, I decided not to move back, not to move the business I had.

Its nice to be missed, but I regret that there isn't a respectful political discussion here that I can participate in.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Bullwinkle

Sorry you feel that way. I personally value all input from visitors here.

sixdogsmom

We do miss you, Anmar. But as you say, life happens. Good luck in all your new endeavors my friend.  ;)
Edie

Diane Amberg

Hi Anmar.They haven't done terminal damage to me yet, but they keep trying.  ;)

Catwoman

Quote from: Anmar on November 30, 2012, 09:25:15 PM
A recent trip home to Grenola made me think about this forum.  When I got back, I thought I would see whats happening and I'm surprised to see my name mentioned here.  I find it interesting that many people are taking guesses as to why so many have stopped posting in the politics section, and the people with the most incorrect assumptions are largely the ones responsible for the degeneration of the quality of discussion...

Perhaps its best to ask those who have drifted away, why they have done so.

As for me, Life happened.  I have left the corporate world to pursue a second career, and I've had to go back to school to acquire the necessary skills.  I got engaged, moved, bought a new home, became an uncle, etc.

At the end of the day, I probably could have continued to post, however I felt like the level of discourse was quickly deteriorating.  This thread is an excellent example.  It starts off with several good posts, then quickly becomes an argument with name calling and bitterness.  Soon, we have a frequent political poster making circular arguments that make no sense, yet he insists he's right.  Then a group of people jump all over Diane for no reason.  Then the resident arizonan rifles of 3 pages of political posts that he copied/pasted from chain e-mails that have nothing to do with the topic or forum, an urgent plea to stay on topic and to keep political posts to the political section (which of course is ignored), and further arguments that just go on and on. 

Frankly, whats the point?  When I posted, i didn't come here to argue, to be called names, or to be the subject of racist rants.  I started coming to this forum because I wanted to move back to Elk County, and not only did I stop posting because of what went on here, I decided not to move back, not to move the business I had.

Its nice to be missed, but I regret that there isn't a respectful political discussion here that I can participate in.

Well stated, Anmar.  I concur.

Wilma

Same here.  I just wish that the people who think that foul language and name calling are acceptable would realize what it does to their image.  And maybe think about just who they know that might be reading it.  Prospective employers?  Children's teachers?  Your pastor?  How about the loan officer at the bank where you hope to get a substantial loan?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk