BRINK, Betty Marie (Dudgeon) - b. September 10, 1921 - d. September 20, 2004

Started by genealogynut, December 12, 2006, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Winfield Daily Courier
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

SEVERY-- Betty Marie Brink, 83, longtime resident of rural Elk County, died Sept. 20, 2004, at the Greenwood County Hospital in Eureka.

Services will be 2 p.m. Thursday at the Severy United Methodist Church.  The Revs. Bob Ford and Alan Hunter will officiate.  Burial will be in Cresco Cemetery, south of Severy.

A memorial has been established with the Greenwood County Hospital in Eureka.  Contributions may be left with the Zimmerman Funeral Home of Howard.

Brink was born on Sept. 10, 1921, at Fall River, to Frances Annise (Taylor) and Archie Downs Dudgeon.  She attended Fall River High School and grew up in the Fall River community.

On March 14, 1938, she married Jack Carlton Brink at Yates Center.  They were lifetime residents of Elk County where they owned and operated a dairy for many years.  A homemaker, she also helped her husband with farm and ranch work.

Brink was baptized into the Christian Church at Fall River when she was a young woman.

She is survived by her husband, Jack Brink, Elk County, her daughters, Marjean Jacobs, Howard, Nadene Ervin, Chanute, and Darlene Riggs, Severy, five grandchildren and eight great-granchildren.

Janet Harrington

It sure doesn't seem like 2 years since Mrs. Brink died.  She died after my dad did and it doesn't seem like it has been 2 years since daddy died, either.

dandymomma

Thanks to this posting I was finally able to figure out how Marjean and her sisters are related to me.

Marjean, could you please e-mail me with your dad's birthday, your's and Henry's birthdays and your marriage date? I would really like to include that information in my geaneology records. I would also like your sisters' info as well as their husbands names. I didn't get a chance to meet their husbands when I was there last summer.

my e-mail is DandyMomma@yahoo.com

Talk to you soon!!!

patyrn

Marjean just this week had knee replacement surgery, so she may be laid up for awhile.  I don't think she is out of the hospital yet, but I'm sure she will contact you when she is up to it.

KRI

dandymomma

My goodness, that poor woman. It wasn't too long ago that she in the hospital for a heart proceedure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk