Elk Co Commission meeting 9-24-2012

Started by Patriot, September 24, 2012, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Wow!

We were told, again, that Howard city has decided to participate in the Neighborhood Revitalization Plan.  Though I'm not sure that city council has actually voted to participate.  Please make the stories believable.

Darn it all, can we just keep working on the road upgrade plan (at least until more than one small part of it is accomplished) and see how it goes?  Apparently not.  Commissioners Hendricks & Liebau have better ideas about the minutia of rebuilding (not maintaining, but rebuilding) a road.  And just who is responsible for tracking, evaluating & responding to the State on unemployment & the insurance co. on work comp claim matters?

Should all new employees be hired in at the same base rate, regardless of the job description?

Wages?  You figure it out.  The 2013 budget is passed, department heads have buried money in their budget requests for pay raises that may or may not be (and have not been) approved, and you, the taxpayers will be funding those budgets with your tax dollars... even if the pay raises aren't forthcoming.  Not to worry, it's only money... your money.  Damnedest lack of strong leadership/decision making I've seen in over 35 years of business.  

Well, we did manage to donate $250 to the non-profit that helps with the Outhouse tour in Elk Falls.  Probably (and appropriately so) for porta potties at the event.

Oh, our refurbished, almost like new ambulance is out of warranty.

More later.  I have a headache.

Remind me again... just who's driving the bus?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Bullwinkle

You know. The wizard of Oz and the good witch, or is it the Munchkins ? They do represent the lollypop guild you know.  ;)

upoladeb

Patriot

More...

Commissioner Hendricks wrote in this weeks Prairie rag that the 5 year Strategic Plan for Elk County was about the PILOT (windfarm) money. Turns out, Commissioner Ritz & several others thought the 'plan' was for the overall operation/budget/progress/direction of Elk County.  After much 'deer in the headlights' time over the question yesterday... we still don't know. Nothing like trying to create a plan without knowing your destination.  Elk County version of 'Hope n Change', I guess.

Quote from: upoladeb on September 25, 2012, 10:15:42 AM
is it a bus or a bumper car?

That's a mighty fine question.  Given the large number of uninformed taxpayer/resident passengers, I would lean toward a bus.  But the given the reckless manner in which it's being (and has been) driven, one must wonder.  Perhaps it's a demolition derby bus.

OK, I been planning to go plant some seed.  I better get busy... 
Fuel?  Why would I need fuel?  I think there's some in the tractor.
What kinda seed?  Little brown ones, of course.
Where am I gonna plant it?  Oh.... out there.... somewhere.
Fertilizer?  Dag nab it... why can't you just quit complaining about details & get with the 'plan'?

Patriot

Quote from: Patriot on September 24, 2012, 07:00:48 PM
Well, we did manage to donate $250 to the non-profit that helps with the Outhouse tour in Elk Falls.  Probably (and appropriately so) for porta potties at the event.

The ride never stops....

Did I mention that the requester twice referenced the "Elk Konnected" money that had been given to other events/endeavors?  Commissioner Hendricks finally pointed out that the money in question would be county liquor tax receipts. 

You must ask... is there some confusion out there?  Of course, EK has done little to help.  Much has been done with county money in the name of Elk Konnected.  Where are the lines?  Other than today's clarification, I don't think Commissioners Hendricks, Liebau, and the rest of the EK crew recognize any boundaries between government and private funds or activity.  It all appears to be the same to them.  Sad, isn't it?  November is coming, and it's never wrong to correct prior mistakes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk